Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
May 31, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #3,316 of 5,831
Try logging out of Qobuz and log back in if you were logged in before.

Regarding the issue with the latest version of Qobuz, I received a message this afternoon saying they found the issue with the latest release and will be releasing an update to the app probably this week that will remove that Google Play Services message. New version of app should also function better on DAPs.
@JasonNYC Thanks for the update and your efforts. I'm not holding my breath for being able to download my 600+ albums, but we'll see! I don't have much downloaded at the moment but what is the best way of updating the Qobuz app without losing any downloaded content? I did notice with v5.8.0.1 (and possibly other versions as well) if you log out of the app it seems to junk everything.

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #3,317 of 5,831
After reading this review and a short discussion with Amirm (from ASR) , ordered the Matric Sabre X Pro for the second workstation/office at home.

AK SP2000 > Matrix SABRE X Pro > McIntosh MHA100 > Focal Utopia/FiR M5

Just arrived last week and the second workstation setup is complete.

Jun 1, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #3,318 of 5,831
@JasonNYC Thanks for the update and your efforts. I'm not holding my breath for being able to download my 600+ albums, but we'll see! I don't have much downloaded at the moment but what is the best way of updating the Qobuz app without losing any downloaded content? I did notice with v5.8.0.1 (and possibly other versions as well) if you log out of the app it seems to junk everything.
Yes, that's why I won't try to log out and sign in again to get the wifi access working. Looking forward to trying the new update when it's out, although generally version 5.8.0.1 works ok for me. I now have around 70 releases offline. And I never get any google play store message. Btw, in my experience, I'm not losing any offline content when updating tidal and qobuz through the xapk installer.

Jun 1, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #3,319 of 5,831
Yes, that's why I won't try to log out and sign in again to get the wifi access working. Looking forward to trying the new update when it's out, although generally version 5.8.0.1 works ok for me. I now have around 70 releases offline. And I never get any google play store message. Btw, in my experience, I'm not losing any offline content when updating tidal and qobuz through the xapk installer.
Yes 70 albums was fine for me. Genuine question: am I really asking too much to be able to download 600+ albums? If Tidal can do it.......?

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #3,321 of 5,831
And I never get any google play store message. Btw, in my experience, I'm not losing any offline content when updating tidal and qobuz through the xapk installer.
Have to correct myself here... Qobuz is an apk, so not installed through the XAPK installer, like Tidal. Just updated to 5.9.0, and now I do get the Google Play Store message indeed. I did not lose any offline content in the process though.

Jun 3, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #3,323 of 5,831
Interesting timing. I have brand new SP2000 in silver. I'm posting it now in the for sale section. PM me if you have any questions.
Sound EQ loves AKs sound , think he wants one.

Jun 3, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #3,324 of 5,831
Have to correct myself here... Qobuz is an apk, so not installed through the XAPK installer, like Tidal. Just updated to 5.9.0, and now I do get the Google Play Store message indeed. I did not lose any offline content in the process though.
Yes it was a strange one yesterday that I hadn’t seen before. I hadn’t logged out or updated or reinstalled anything. Just powered off unit and then powered on again later. It clearly had a memory of all my downloaded content as it prompted me if I wanted to download it again but it had been ‘wiped’. It was only a one click response to correct but it would have been very annoying if a.) I had had a massive downloaded library like before and b.) if I hadn’t had access to WiFi and wanted to listen to something.

Jun 3, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #3,325 of 5,831
Yes it was a strange one yesterday that I hadn’t seen before. I hadn’t logged out or updated or reinstalled anything. Just powered off unit and then powered on again later. It clearly had a memory of all my downloaded content as it prompted me if I wanted to download it again but it had been ‘wiped’. It was only a one click response to correct but it would have been very annoying if a.) I had had a massive downloaded library like before and b.) if I hadn’t had access to WiFi and wanted to listen to something.
I have seen it before. In my case, usually only a partial re-download though. Do you have your content on an SD card or internal memory? I thought it might occur more often when stored on an SD card.

A couple of years ago, Qobuz logged me out and wiped all downloads on my iPhone... which I found out 5 minutes after take-off on a long flight... :beyersmile:

Jun 3, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #3,326 of 5,831
I have seen it before. In my case, usually only a partial re-download though. Do you have your content on an SD card or internal memory? I thought it might occur more often when stored on an SD card.

A couple of years ago, Qobuz logged me out and wiped all downloads on my iPhone... which I found out 5 minutes after take-off on a long flight... :beyersmile:
Ouch! That's not good. No, all my Qobuz downloads get saved to the internal memory. I use an SD card for my owned FLAC files. Tbh I didn't count them but it seemed like all were there as there aren't very many now. After my previous experiences I couldn't face the pain of downloading all my favourites (the 657 releases) again knowing that I might either lose them at any moment or make the app completely unusable.

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #3,327 of 5,831
My AK240 was listing the albums under related artist in chronological order in the UI if the music file tag has the album release date. SP2000 does not do that. As far as I can understand, SP2000 UI lists albums as per their loading time to internal memory. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #3,328 of 5,831
My AK240 was listing the albums under related artist in chronological order in the UI. SP2000 does not do that. As far as I can understand, SP2000 UI lists albums as per their loading time to internal memory. Is there a way to fix this?
The way it lists for albums under an artist is by alphabetical order. That's the only way it goes and no settings to change.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #3,330 of 5,831
Playback is stuttering on Qobuz 5.9.0. I think on downloaded tracks. Bring on the next update... :) Qobuz really seem to struggle with that app.

EDIT: It does not matter if the track is downloaded or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back