Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Feb 24, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #602 of 721
Mine takes about 10 seconds every time I start up. Hours? That doesn’t sound right. Maybe try a different SD card?
Actually it was the first time I insert the SD card, that's why it was taking a very long time. Now it does not take more than a few seconds
I also confirm that it is media scanning task that was draining the battery. Now I have a descent battery life
It is always a pleasure for my ears to listen to this DAP that I consider to be the best sounding DAP. The sound is very different and special compared to other DAPs. I usually find the difference between DAPs to be very subtle, but not with this one. It is truly an amazing DAP. It would have been perfect with better performance and battery life

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #604 of 721
Hi! Need opinion. What closed back headphones under 1000 usd have the best synergy with standard se300?
I have 2 that play amazing with SE300, the ZMF Bokeh (below 1k) and Focal Stellia (above 1K)

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #605 of 721
If you can find a set of JM audio is end game. He will tune them to your liking

Feb 27, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #608 of 721
software update just came through...Anyone know about this?
Adds support for Apple Classical Music app.

While Apple Classical Music is now supported after this firmware update, the ability to install it from the download tab will be not available until the update pushes out to remaining players. Expected for it to show up in the download tab around February 29. Until it appears on the download tab, you can download the APK from a 3rd party website such as APK Pure and manually install it by copying the APK to the OpenService folder on the player when connected to a computer. The app will then appear at the bottom of the services tab and can be installed from there if you don't want to wait.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Feb 28, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #609 of 721
seems more stability improvements as well
Has anyone updated yet?
IMG_2240.jpeg

Feb 28, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #611 of 721
Hi,
looking for opinion about wireless standart of SE300.
The general impressions are excellent, there are no complaints about the sound, but only one thing bothers me - Wi-Fi. I myself am a network engineer, and for the first time I didn’t connect to my network at 2.4 GHz, I didn’t give it any importance, I connected to 5 GHz (this is preferable). But, later, I became interested in why the SE300 itself could not connect? The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi settings were "802.11n only". Translated to "802.11g/n mixed" - connected. That is, the connection takes place in the old 802.11g standard! Well, it’s interesting at 5 GHz, but at 5 GHz it’s the same thing - in the 802.11a standard! I specifically connected the SE300 to the corporate network to make sure what standard the connection was based on. The specification listed on the site astellnkern.com states that the Wi-Fi standard is 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)?

I am attaching screenshots when connecting to a corporate network, the second device is an iPhone.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #612 of 721
Hi,
looking for opinion about wireless standart of SE300.
The general impressions are excellent, there are no complaints about the sound, but only one thing bothers me - Wi-Fi. I myself am a network engineer, and for the first time I didn’t connect to my network at 2.4 GHz, I didn’t give it any importance, I connected to 5 GHz (this is preferable). But, later, I became interested in why the SE300 itself could not connect? The 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi settings were "802.11n only". Translated to "802.11g/n mixed" - connected. That is, the connection takes place in the old 802.11g standard! Well, it’s interesting at 5 GHz, but at 5 GHz it’s the same thing - in the 802.11a standard! I specifically connected the SE300 to the corporate network to make sure what standard the connection was based on. The specification listed on the site astellnkern.com states that the Wi-Fi standard is 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz)?

Screenshots
You are highlighting a very real issue for those of us that use this to stream.

Feb 28, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #613 of 721
You are highlighting a very real issue for those of us that use this to stream.
Hi,
can you confirm this? Please take a screenshot (it’s better to crop it, just in case, so that the SSID and IP is not visible). Just click on connected SSID (network name) and what you see under Link Speed? Is it more than 54 Mbps? I hope I have the genuine device.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #615 of 721
Is that why I cannot get AK Connect on my iPhone to see my SE300? I don't think AK Connect had been updated in years.
I'm sorry, I don't clever understand how AK Connect works.
But, I published my first message with the purpose:
1) find out whether other owners of the SE300 really have the same symptoms when connected to wireless network?
2) my device is connected to my Wi-Fi network according to the very old standard 802.11 a/g
3) the maximum theoretical speed of a Wi-Fi network is indicated by its Wi-Fi 802.11 standard, in 802.11 a/g it is 54 Mbps
4) аctual wireless speeds vary significantly from the theoretical maximum speeds above due to simplex mode (halved), distance from Wi-Fi access point, interference, noise level, etc.
5) if my device connecting via 802.11 a/g standard the real speed is about 20 Mbps in ideal enviroment
6) strictly speaking, 20 Mbps is enough to stream hi-res music (imho) and according this - How Much Speed Do I Need to Stream Music?
7) but, Astell&Kern in datasheet publish that SE300 has Wi-Fi capabilites with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standard!
8) so, either my device is
- defective
- not genuine devicе
9) or it programmic bug in SE300 software, cause I can’t imagine where nowadays you can find a wireless chip that would only work in this old standard (by hardware)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back