Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Oct 10, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #331 of 732
@JasonNYC ,
The latency when starting up and using the interface of streaming services such as Qobuz, can be resolved through software updates or is it a limit of the SE300's CPU?
This is the only thing I don't like about this fantastic Dap.
Yup. Its much much slower than my very slow sony wm1am2 .. but the screen and musical sound make up for it.

Oct 10, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #332 of 732
I am using se300 usb out to shanling h7, playing tidal MQA file .. intermittent pausing of music every 30 sec .. it seem se300 usb out can't support the high data rate over it's usb port.

Have tried to reduce tidal song quality to High instead of mqa/flac, no such problem happen. Does anyone encounter this?

Changing usb cable or another dac is the same issue I face with se300. I have a few other dap, all no issue.
Is probably the CPU the bottle neck.

Oct 11, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #334 of 732
Impossible. I asked this question on the SP3000 thread. If the hotel login requires a web page/browser, there is no way to do it. That is how logins works at many hotels. As a work around you can connect the SE300
to your phone via Bluetooth to stream but this is a pretty clunky work around. Solving this would truly elevate this dap but I believe all A&K daps have this issue. However, I think the sound is fantastic and I’m overall a very happy owner.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #335 of 732
Impossible. I asked this question on the SP3000 thread. If the hotel login requires a web page/browser, there is no way to do it. That is how logins works at many hotels. As a work around you can connect the SE300
to your phone via Bluetooth to stream but this is a pretty clunky work around. Solving this would truly elevate this dap but I believe all A&K daps have this issue. However, I think the sound is fantastic and I’m overall a very happy owner.
I travels lot this will not work for me.

Oct 11, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #336 of 732
You can create wi-fi hotspot on your phone and re-share wifi internet from your phone after login in hotel's webpage.

Oct 12, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #337 of 732
And think that all these difficulties and limitations are intended to improve the sound in A&K devices.
Does Tidal Off-Line work in SE300?

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #341 of 732
the option to select class A/AB, NOS/OS, gain mode really give a lot of option when pairing with various iem/headphone. I guess this is the 1 to get if sp3k is too far out of reach.
Well until AK are more friendly to apps and hotel logins I will stay away

Oct 13, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #342 of 732
Can the integrated, balanced class-A amplifier used in the A&K SE300 DAP
be compared to its sound with the separated, balanced class-A amplifier A&K PA10?
Have any tried to compare the SE300 with a PA10 in sandwich?

Oct 13, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #343 of 732
the option to select class A/AB, NOS/OS, gain mode really give a lot of option when pairing with various iem/headphone. I guess this is the 1 to get if sp3k is too far out of reach.
I got the SE300 because I wanted a DAP that had r2r. I also have the Cayin n8ii. I wouldn’t say the Cayin blows away the SE300, it is very revealing and emphasizes upper mids/treble a little more. But the smooth, balanced and natural sound of the SE300 has a much different character. Thats what I was looking for, something to complement the N8ii. I have only demo’d the sp3k and it was a long time ago, so I can’t really comment on that.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #344 of 732
Absolutely agree.

Oct 17, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #345 of 732
Frankly what I do Is I DL music to the SD cards for the music apps and I listen to offline. The SD card can store a lot. Small inconvenience, if at all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back