Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
May 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,291 of 2,082
may i ask if anyone encountered issues with trying to update their Kann Alpha please?

or, is this one of those updates that went smoothly for all?

thank you.

May 24, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,294 of 2,082
@Pezzab : thank you kindly for your timely comment! i really appreciate it.

yes, re: pain vs pain-free, well, so many updates, PC's software updates and all, end up with issues and stuck in the middle updates, etc, so it's fantastic to read that this Kann Alpha firmware update was pain-free. thx again.

May 24, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #1,295 of 2,082
Hi to all!! Although I don't use the embedded Tidal app as it doesn't offer offline service, I've noticed that after updating to the new firmware and logged in the embedded Tidal app, when I click on any album, I can only see 2 songs... Have anyone experience the same strange and inexplicable symptom?

May 24, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #1,296 of 2,082
Re the new firmware update: is there a list of all the items fixed or updated? When I clicked to update on my Alpha there is a list but it is truncated by the pop up. The firmware instruction page on the A&K site just says:

[Improvements]
- Embedded Tidal Login Issue Improved

And that's it
Pretty sure that was the purpose of this update, Don't think the other issues were ever on the radar although they clearly should have been.

May 24, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #1,299 of 2,082
May 24, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #1,300 of 2,082
if i downloaded (or maybe the term might be "side loaded" the full Tidal app onto my Kann Alpha, would i still need to update my firmware?

the "full Tidal" side loaded app is the ONLY app that i use on my Kann Alpha. from time to time, i do listen to some saved albums that i put on my Kann Alpha, but that function isn't really an app, so still, the only app that i use is the full Tidal that i side loaded.

what would be the benefits?

thank you.

May 25, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #1,302 of 2,082
Update went smoothly for me. Love this DAP, it’s my favourite source. Don’t think the update fixed anything other than the embedded Tidal. I use Tidal side loaded and the native player. Now just hoping Spotify HiFi works whenever that launches :)

Me too. it was as though it was barely anything at all. i use very few of the Kann Alpha's features so i don't know for certain, but i turned it on, said "yes" to the new firmware update, and waited for maybe 5 minutes, then it was done, went into auto reboot, then it was done done at last.

i only use the full Tidal app which i side loaded (or whatever the correct term is), so i don't know what other features are upgraded or not. i didn't update my full Tidal app so everything seems normal to me, as though nothing had changed.

May 25, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #1,303 of 2,082
Re the new firmware update: is there a list of all the items fixed or updated? When I clicked to update on my Alpha there is a list but it is truncated by the pop up. The firmware instruction page on the A&K site just says:

[Improvements]
- Embedded Tidal Login Issue Improved

And that's it
Cool many thanks for the information, did you try tidal app? did they fix the login issue?
I have logged into Tidal embedded player and side-loaded version. They both work for me.

May 25, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #1,304 of 2,082
may i ask if anyone encountered issues with trying to update their Kann Alpha please?

or, is this one of those updates that went smoothly for all?

thank you.
Update was very smooth, no problem
Tidal is now launching with no issues, but I am still facing the "skip" problem, tracks will randomly skip to the next one with no reason. I hoped they fixed this too.

May 25, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #1,305 of 2,082
I do not know if I am the only one finding a marked increase in SQ following the update.
Background info are much clearer.
Is it possible that they reprogramed the ESS chips?

Fabulous DAC
Kann Alpha, Original HD800, 4.4 mm Black Dragon balanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back