Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
May 27, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #1,322 of 2,084
If you can leave the screen on try to see if the skipping happens when the download doesn't keep up with the song that is playing, this is what I noticed when I was using tidal more
I have very fast internet and haven’t experienced any similar issues with Tidal on any other device. What is the point in using the app at all if it does this? Totally kills the enjoyment if you ask me. I bought this DAP thinking it would have good steaming capabilities and had my hopes up that the latest firmware would fix this issue. I’m disappointed especially considering the cost of the unit. Sounds great when it works though, which is why this is so frustrating!

May 30, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,323 of 2,084
yes after factory reset the crashing stopped

I don't know what you mean by sideloaded tidal app?, I'm using the Tidal app that you can find inside Services, after FR on searched albums it still shows only the first 2 tracks but when I start playing the first 1/2 tracks I can see all other songs inside Play Queue, I don't know if it's an issue or not but Tidal wasn't like this before.

This is what they mean by sideloading Tidal.

I've only used the sideloaded Tidal app and never experienced any of the issues that people describe in this thread. My Tidal experience is perfect.

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,324 of 2,084
Hi all,

I am currently on the fence to buy an iBasso DX220 with Amp 8 EX or the Kann Alpha to use with my Focal Utopia.

My first choice will be the Alpha for it's superior power but this whole Tidal skipping thing is making me cautios before pulling the trigger.

Is it correct that the problem occur only with the embedded Tidal app and not with the real app that I can download from APK?

Also, Is anybody had the chance to try Utopia with the Alpha?

Many thanks.

Jun 2, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #1,325 of 2,084
Hi all,

I am currently on the fence to buy an iBasso DX220 with Amp 8 EX or the Kann Alpha to use with my Focal Utopia.

My first choice will be the Alpha for it's superior power but this whole Tidal skipping thing is making me cautios before pulling the trigger.

Is it correct that the problem occur only with the embedded Tidal app and not with the real app that I can download from APK?

Also, Is anybody had the chance to try Utopia with the Alpha?

Many thanks.
I've used Utopia with Alpha. Though, I own the Clear and use it daily with the Alpha. The Focal's don't need power to sound awesome, but with the power the sound spatiality and overall impact of the sound improves IMO.

Jun 2, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #1,326 of 2,084
I've used Utopia with Alpha. Though, I own the Clear and use it daily with the Alpha. The Focal's don't need power to sound awesome, but with the power the sound spatiality and overall impact of the sound improves IMO.
How did you liked the pairing with the Utopia?

Jun 4, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #1,330 of 2,084
Glad to see someone is done with KA, I guess ya selling cus of the tidal/song skipping issues..?
The unit I’m selling is a brand new replacement I was given by my dealer.

My old unit was sent back to Astell & Kern for repair almost 3 months ago, and when I followed up with my dealer last week, they said they still hadn’t heard from A&K and couldn’t give me an ETA on my repair. I complained and asked for my money back, and they offered a replacement unit.

While waiting for the repair I moved on to other daps so now I have no need for this Alpha :)

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #1,331 of 2,084
Hello everyone! Please help me. 2 months ago I bought Denon 7200 and astell&kern kann alpha. Mostly I listening deep house music. I expected from this combination something much better and because I didn't like the bass quality in music I will give that denon to my young brother as a present. So the question is, what are the best top headphones to listen mostly deep house music? I plan listen music on my astell&kern kann alpha. Guy from the shop highly advised Focal Stelia. Is this combination is really good or I need to buy something else? Thanks in advance for any support

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #1,332 of 2,084
Hello everyone! Please help me. 2 months ago I bought Denon 7200 and astell&kern kann alpha. Mostly I listening deep house music. I expected from this combination something much better and because I didn't like the bass quality in music I will give that denon to my young brother as a present. So the question is, what are the best top headphones to listen mostly deep house music? I plan listen music on my astell&kern kann alpha. Guy from the shop highly advised Focal Stelia. Is this combination is really good or I need to buy something else? Thanks in advance for any support
Hi, are we talking only headphones or have you considered iems? I use my Alpha with MMR Thummim and they are a match made in heaven. Thummim seem to thrive on power which clearly the Alpha has in spades, amazing bass response can rattle your teeth when required but still give tons of clarity as you travel up the spectrum, soundstage is also very big. They sound awesome with EDM, kick drums hit fast and deep, bass notes have grip and texture. You can pick up mint Preloved on the classifieds for less than Stelia's new. Oh and they look amazing, What's not to love!:)

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #1,333 of 2,084
is this true? roon ready now?

1622959192617.png

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:42 AM Post #1,334 of 2,084
is this true? roon ready now?

1622959192617.png
:ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

It looks like a monstrous joke with such unstable connection and totally unable to reconnect automatically without loosing all the path of the server and the current playlist list ...
I have no idea what is RAAT .. but I am afraid android has nothing to see with such unreliable wifi and any dlna !! no one of my other daps (M9, M11, R6Pro, Galaxy Zfold2..) is so unstable with wifi connection. .. but hardware is so outdated, that it's probably concerned the limited old 2.4G wifi only in 2021 (ridiculous).

Jun 6, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #1,335 of 2,084
Can it be open back? If you have the budget for Stellia, you can try Meze Empyrean. That is an awesome pairing, especially for bass quality :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back