Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
Oct 23, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #256 of 2,082
wm1_kann.jpg

Best friends?

Don't think so! More like frenemies. We shall see how this pans out. Just got the Kann Alpha, so true impressions and comparisons in a while. They couldn't be more different. Sound-wise none truly better or worse than the other. No comment on anything else for now :)

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #257 of 2,082
wm1_kann.jpg

Best friends?

Don't think so! More like frenemies. We shall see how this pans out. Just got the Kann Alpha, so true impressions and comparisons in a while. They couldn't be more different. Sound-wise none truly better or worse than the other. No comment on anything else for now :)

Atleast kann has a 4.4mm jack now Fewwwww

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #258 of 2,082
wm1_kann.jpg

Best friends?

Beautiful scenery! Try as many conbinations as possible and keep us informed.

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #259 of 2,082
I'm deciding on either the A&K KANN Alpha or the Sony ZX-507
Sony is 200 mw @16 ohm max on its 4.4 output..So you will be very limited with what this DAP can properly drive.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 8:26 AM Post #260 of 2,082
KANN Alpha has arrived! Will post listening impressions tonight :)

Adding a question - can you swap the gain from the drag down menu? Having to go to the settings every time seems very inconvenient

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #262 of 2,082
Well, I have already pulled the trigger, I could not resist it anymore ... Thanks to the colleague Mvvraz for his review, his push and his help. I will publish my impressions when it comes to me next week ... Greetings to all. :L3000::L3000::L3000:

Oct 25, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #263 of 2,082
Well, I have already pulled the trigger, I could not resist it anymore ... Thanks to the colleague Mvvraz for his review, his push and his help. I will publish my impressions when it comes to me next week ... Greetings to all. :L3000::L3000::L3000:
Awesomeeee looking forward to your impressions!

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #265 of 2,082
I would like to know... Since Kann Alpha comes without charger, which I find very bad for the price... what charger do I need for this DAP?, and another thing I wonder... will any powerbank unit have enough power to charge Kann Alpha?. Thank you.

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #266 of 2,082
I would like to know... Since Kann Alpha comes without charger, which I find very bad for the price... what charger do I need for this DAP?, and another thing I wonder... will any powerbank unit have enough power to charge Kann Alpha?. Thank you.
It comes with a USB C cable that you can charge it with. You can plug it into any USB port

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #267 of 2,082
Yes, power bank and any phone charger should work just fine.

Oct 26, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #268 of 2,082
Actually what you charge it from does make a difference:
Quotiing AK specs here: "Charge Time: About 3.5 hours (9V/1.67A Fast Charging) / 5hours (5V/2A General Charging)"
The AKKA comes with a cable and will benefit if you plug it into a device / charger with Fast Charging support.

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #269 of 2,082
absolutely tempted by the AK Kann Alpha but considering that is a little bit chunky, so I was thinking if is possible to leave in a bag controlling it by the phone...leaving eventually my isine connected with the phone while walking. I understand that AKconnect app can do this but only over WiFi. Anybody has experience on this? My dilemma is Cayin N6ii or Alpha....even if I am stll disapponted that no one give use the possibility to have two SD slots except Fiio M11 that I wish to avoid after having the X5III because the problem with the NAND memory and the way it manage the internal space

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #270 of 2,082
absolutely tempted by the AK Kann Alpha but considering that is a little bit chunky, so I was thinking if is possible to leave in a bag controlling it by the phone...leaving eventually my isine connected with the phone while walking. I understand that AKconnect app can do this but only over WiFi. Anybody has experience on this? My dilemma is Cayin N6ii or Alpha....even if I am stll disapponted that no one give use the possibility to have two SD slots except Fiio M11 that I wish to avoid after having the X5II because the problem with the NAND memory and the way it manage the internal space

It's actually not that clunky compared to transportable DAPs with similar driving power. Its about the same size length/width wise as the SP1000m and with the same thickness as the LPGT. So it is a very small form factor with the power to drive large headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back