Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #1,366 of 2,082
I apologize, I thought I had responded back.

We have no reports of crashing of the embedded app after the 1.14 update. I have asked both our North America support team and our global support team. Our global support team was inquiring with other regions to see if there were any reported issues.

The next KANN APLHA firmware update is expected the morning of June 21st in Korea (late night Sunday, 6/20 in North America/ middle of the night 6/21 in Europe). In addition to adding Roon Ready support, there are a number of bug fixes included in the update.

As the soft reset did not fix the issue, I would suggest waiting for the next firmware update next week or try a factory reset. A factory reset will erase all files and settings on your player, so you may want to try the next firmware update in a few days.
Thnx for the reply! I will wait for the upcoming update and see...

Jun 14, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,367 of 2,082
Я никогда не использовал встроенное приложение Tidal, поскольку оно по известным причинам не поддерживает автономное воспроизведение. Я тоже использую загруженное приложение без каких-либо проблем. Мне было просто любопытно, почему встроенное приложение перестало работать после обновления, которое должно было исправить проблемы со входом в систему ...
Я понял

Jun 14, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #1,368 of 2,082
Turning off the AK Connect sleep mode (which for some reason was enabled even though AK Connect was disabled) seems to have fixed my wifi drop out issue.

It was like this before:
701B0644-24F5-4CA1-963A-B8FE753E529D.jpeg
So I enabled AK CONNECT, and then disabled Sleep Mode, and then disabled AK CONNECT again. Now it’s like this:
45927AED-EEFF-4E8E-A488-DD3AC8A3725F.jpeg

I'm catching up in the thread and and was having the WiFi dropouts even with the latest 1.14CM firmware. After reading through the entire thread, I tried what was suggested above and the WiFi has been rock solid (no drops!) from more than an hour using Amazon Music / Spotify Music apk files. Thank you!

Jun 15, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #1,369 of 2,082
I apologize, I thought I had responded back.

We have no reports of crashing of the embedded app after the 1.14 update. I have asked both our North America support team and our global support team. Our global support team was inquiring with other regions to see if there were any reported issues.

The next KANN APLHA firmware update is expected the morning of June 21st in Korea (late night Sunday, 6/20 in North America/ middle of the night 6/21 in Europe). In addition to adding Roon Ready support, there are a number of bug fixes included in the update.

As the soft reset did not fix the issue, I would suggest waiting for the next firmware update next week or try a factory reset. A factory reset will erase all files and settings on your player, so you may want to try the next firmware update in a few days.
hope they will fix tidal song skipping issues this time for good!! if not this gonna be another useless update.

Jun 17, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #1,370 of 2,082
I got bored and decided to open my sealed replacement Kann Alpha, and I’m actually glad that I did! This unit is working perfectly. Zero wifi drops for the past 2 hours. No tidal freezing.

Now I feel like I can actually appreciate how this DAP sounds rather than being frustrated with how it operates.

Jun 17, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #1,371 of 2,082
Взаимодействие с другими людьмиВзаимодействие с другими людьми
I got bored and decided to open my sealed replacement Kann Alpha, and I’m actually glad that I did! This unit is working perfectly. Zero wifi drops for the past 2 hours. No tidal freezing.

Now I feel like I can actually appreciate how this DAP sounds rather than being frustrated with how it operates.
Then this may mean that there is a lot of marriage among the Kann Alpha version. This is upsetting, perhaps my problem with the sleep mode is the marriage of the device. Please comment on this. Jason you, too, do not be silent tell me what you think about this

Jun 17, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #1,372 of 2,082

I am not as lucky as you are ... I bought one Kann alpha from Alibaba in China => drops every 15 minutes .. So Jason said that it was not an official reseller and harware may have been altered, so, 4 months later, I bought another Kann Apha from the official French reseller (12000km) => drops every 15 minutes,
Luckily I could send back my French dealer the Kann Alpha within a week.

Basically => wifi drops with Qobuz, but I can continue to play with pressing on/off button. With AKconnect drops from my NAS Upnp Server every 15 minutes, but my current playlist is totally reset...a real pain to re-select what I wanted to listen to.
Those drops don't happen when my smartphone is settle as a Wifi Access point in my Wifi 6 (2.4Ghz) environment. So clearly drops depends on the wifi environment => Kann Alpha is basically maid of cheap and obsolete hardware 802.1g (only).

I suppose with Roon compatibility, there should be some improvements in the firmware soon or late.. But, I don't have any hope of these. I am, actually, just waiting for the Fiio M17 to come out and switch for it in September, FIIO seems to be much more serious with improving their firmware seriously (A much better experience with the M11).

Jun 17, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #1,373 of 2,082
Jun 20, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #1,374 of 2,082
Hi everyone, I am loving my KA, paired with HD800s Senns.

Just one question, I am considering getting the latest Sony bluetooth WF4's, I noticed that I have to turn the KA up to full power almost to get a decent volume level, is there any advice on how to use bluetooth headphones with the unit? I assume that the amp output has no affect etc. Do I put the KA at full power and manage the volume on the headphones or the other way round?

Thanks

Jun 20, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #1,375 of 2,082

Glad to hear that Damien! It is actually a good DAP (one of the few in the AK range that doesn’t struggle with demanding DDs). Let’s see how Roon takes it to another level. :)

Of course we could dream about Apple Music Lossless. 😆

Jun 20, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #1,376 of 2,082
I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread but would it be possible to load the roon app onto the KA? Or is it just going to be roon ready and needing control via the phone/laptop?
Much appreciate your inputs. I'm looking to pick up a KA but roon app would make or break the deal.

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #1,377 of 2,082
I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread but would it be possible to load the roon app onto the KA? Or is it just going to be roon ready and needing control via the phone/laptop?
Much appreciate your inputs. I'm looking to pick up a KA but roon app would make or break the deal.
Wait til tomorrow. The new FW is supposed to make the KA Roon ready, ie. you won’t have to try to sideload the roon app.

Illustration from the SP2000Cu.
C7F7B7A1-D2A0-4806-BA25-646E6A82AE2F.jpeg

E6119BE3-B5BF-4FDB-A0A3-EAD5019D9624.jpeg

Jun 20, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #1,378 of 2,082

Just one question, I am considering getting the latest Sony bluetooth WF4's, I noticed that I have to turn the KA up to,source,full power almost to get a decent volume level, is there any advice on how to use bluetooth headphones with the unit? I assume that the amp output has no affect etc. Do I put the KA at full power and manage the volume on the headphones or the other way round?

Thanks
I don't listen at high volumes, but some blue tooth headphones have separate volume. On my XM3's I have to turn the headphone volume up independent of the source. It should link, but some devices don't.

Your right about amp level, it makes no difference for blue tooth.

If control is not linked directly, I set headphones to 80% or so and control with source. But his is just my preference.

Jun 20, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #1,379 of 2,082

Just one question, I am considering getting the latest Sony bluetooth WF4's, I noticed that I have to turn the KA up to full power almost to get a decent volume level, is there any advice on how to use bluetooth headphones with the unit? I assume that the amp output has no affect etc. Do I put the KA at full power and manage the volume on the headphones or the other way round?

Thanks
What gain are you using? I'm using normal and my ears bleed if I go any higher than 120 on my HD820.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back