Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 26, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #2,553 of 2,698
The least that AK could do is updating their AK Connect Apps on the phone, so at least we can stream Tidal remotely via our phone

Apr 26, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #2,554 of 2,698
The least that AK could do is updating their AK Connect Apps on the phone, so at least we can stream Tidal remotely via our phone
I was thinking the same.. It shouldn't be a huge effort...

Apr 26, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #2,555 of 2,698
While I understand that you are upset you can't blame A&K. It's Tidal's app just a bit tweaked to work on the player. Sign-in and authentication schemes are not under A&K's control. These things are propriety to Tidal. I'm sure A&K did what they can but at the end of the day it's software on a device that is no longer going to be supported by the company that created it. The one to complain to is Tidal not A&K.
Why do you think it's not AK? Why we have not supported player? I think it's a manufacturers issue that they not respect their customers.

Apr 26, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #2,556 of 2,698
Why do you think it's not AK? Why we have not supported player? I think it's a manufacturers issue that they not respect their customers.
Because "Tidal is dropping support for older Android devices" It was clearly stated. A&K can't do anything about that. A&K can only update their own software and apps.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #2,559 of 2,698
Hi There

its been a long time since I have commented here as, to be honest, I’ve pretty much given up with my KANN as its now relegated to being used only occasionally as I am not able to travel…

This is yet another example of A&K failing its users (remember the software upgrade promised, but never delivered for the KANN?) and I would have expected them to at least come up with some way of alleviating the lack of Tidal by at least, for example, providing access to a few alternative streaming services or a browser which would allow access - but to be honest I doubt they will as I don’t think they have the software engineering competence to address the hardware limitations of the KANN.

The best suggestion for people, at least in Europe and the UK, who bought their KANNs is the last one or two years, and TIDAL was one of the reasons for purchase, is to try and use consumer law to return it as it should still be within warranty and no longer fit for the purpose as A&K are unable to fix the problem.

You may only be able to get a credit note - but at least that would mean that you can buy an alternative…

Hope the helps

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #2,560 of 2,698
I was valutating Kann... but the lack of customer support and upgrades forced me to turn to other solutions.
But my simplicistic question is:
Tidal, in their support pages, suggest phone/tablet with Android 6 as requirement.
Isn’t Kann better with better hardware than a normal Android 6 device, with some tips&tricks on the software side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back