Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Aug 5, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #2,057 of 2,698
Hi

I have a slight problem with regards to playlists and I was after some help if possible.
I don’t normally bother with playlists but as I’m going to canjam London I started to add tracks for testing etc over the past month.
The problem is I can add them no problem And see all playlist but when I want access playlists from main menu it just keeps loading and goes no further
Any ideas ?

Another question anyone know the cost of battery replacement ?

Thanks

I have the same problem with playlists. Can add tracks to playlists no problem.

But when I tap on playlists on the home screen, it takes ages to load the list of playlists.

I timed it tonight - 17 minutes between tapping 'playlists' and actually being able to pick one and play it.

Surely a fault or something needing tweaked somewhere?

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #2,058 of 2,698

But when I tap on playlists on the home screen, it takes ages to load the list of playlists.

I timed it tonight - 17 minutes between tapping 'playlists' and actually being able to pick one and play it.

I have the same problem - recently made a playlist, took about 10 minutes to load. Surely this should be instantly accessible. Even iPods had no problem loading a playlist??

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #2,059 of 2,698

AK clearly don’t care about the Kann I’ve asked them twice about this and have been ignored twice.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #2,060 of 2,698
AK clearly don’t care about the Kann I’ve asked them twice about this and have been ignored twice.
Sorry, I have not received any notifications regarding new posts to this thread. I have passed this info along to our dev team. Please feel free to @ me in the post or follow up with a PM if I don't respond in a reasonable time.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 11, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #2,061 of 2,698
Playlists are buggy and they have never been fixed. Periodically I solve this issue by deleting the music library data and then re-scanning.
It is however quite irritating to see such expensive products, so poorly supported. The Kann was my third Astell & Kern purchased, but it will probably also be the last one.

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #2,062 of 2,698
Hi JasonNYC,

as a KANN owner I'm following this thread for a long time and I understand you can push better with more users complaining.
So count one more loud voice: we need a version with Tidal offline support! I understand that its up to Tidal and the labels to support offline in your custom app, so OpenApp it is.

We barely hit 2 years since launch, but we have no update support since year 1! Now with KANN CUBE around, you made clear that KANN, with integrated AMP was not an outlier.
I will personally hint every KANN CUBE reviewer I can find that AK stopped updating KANN 1 year into the product lifecycle - which for me, would stop me from putting that amount of money on a DAP ever again!!!

SERIOUSLY,
- the one feature that every user asks since its inception
- you have a way to support it internally as opposed to the industry changing with openapp
- you do it for every other, incl. lower end product lines in recent lifecycle
--> no more excuses

regards

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,063 of 2,698
Hi JasonNYC,

as a KANN owner I'm following this thread for a long time and I understand you can push better with more users complaining.
So count one more loud voice: we need a version with Tidal offline support! I understand that its up to Tidal and the labels to support offline in your custom app, so OpenApp it is.

We barely hit 2 years since launch, but we have no update support since year 1! Now with KANN CUBE around, you made clear that KANN, with integrated AMP was not an outlier.
I will personally hint every KANN CUBE reviewer I can find that AK stopped updating KANN 1 year into the product lifecycle - which for me, would stop me from putting that amount of money on a DAP ever again!!!

SERIOUSLY,
- you have a way to support it internally as opposed to the industry changing with openapp
--> no more excuses

regards

Well said! Although I love my KANN, A&K's lack of product support in terms of feature enhancements for KANN does not feel right to me. I have stopped looking into their newer DAP releases and there are plenty of other DAP vendors who have better track records in supporting their released products.

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #2,064 of 2,698
Ak380 owners are saying the same. I'm a sp1000 user but wonder if same will happen to me now sp2000 coming out

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #2,065 of 2,698
Hi!
I can't use my Kann as a DAC in Windows 10 home.
I can't install the necessary driver...
the computer shows the following problem:
“Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it”
I follow the instructions, but appears the same problem again.

Anybody has the same problem??
Any guide about this @JasonNYC ??

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #2,066 of 2,698
Hi JasonNYC,

SERIOUSLY,
--> no more excuses

regards
-----------------

I completely agree! Even the FiiO does not dare to do this, and this year the first X7 series has been updated ...

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #2,067 of 2,698
Hi JasonNYC,

SERIOUSLY,
--> no more excuses

regards

Well said. I agree 100%. I really like my KANN, but I don't think I'll ever be buying another A&K product. Their lack of support is just plain terrible. I don't think I'm alone here when I say we all expect more at the price level we have all invested in.

Aug 24, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #2,068 of 2,698
Totally agree with comments here, I own the AK70 mk2 and the KANN, it is a shame the lack of support and attention received. My next move will probably point to a different brand.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #2,069 of 2,698
Hi everyone,

I am selling my Astell and Kern KANN on Amazon UK if anyone is interested. It's in great condition and I am including a Micro SD card (200GB), SD card (64GB) and a Miter case in the price.

I also have the original box, screen protectors, cable etc.

Trying to sell it so I can upgrade to the Kann Cube.

Follow the link here to have a look: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B06Y58GNMW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Thank you very much.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #2,070 of 2,698
@zuio The RM01 does work with KANN.
Hi Jason, I'd like to know if, besides the AK RM01, there are other bluetooth remote control for my KANN. The RM01 is for being at desktop or at home, but I often go out with it and I'd like one device that I won't feel so sad if I break it (probably).
Thanks in advance :)
Best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back