Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #2,086 of 2,698
Hi Jason, I'd like to know if, besides the AK RM01, there are other bluetooth remote control for my KANN. The RM01 is for being at desktop or at home, but I often go out with it and I'd like one device that I won't feel so sad if I break it (probably).
Thanks in advance :)
Best

Astell & Kern IAA01 Bluetooth Remote Control? ?? Does it not work with KANN?
for AK240, AK300, AK320, AK380, AK Jr. AK100II, AK120II as well as AK100 and AK120

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #2,087 of 2,698
anyone here good at korean and android development?

i figured out how to get to the secret menu, screen shots of which were posted on here, and i also figured out that there is a tab for package loading to which it's looking for something on the sdcard. there's also another menu which i enabled which makes no sense because it's translated as "stradium" but it's the opposite of "normal mode" which it tells you to put the kann if it's for production. i now have a PRO icon glowing on my KANN which makes me think i'm in some developer mode.

when i get home tonight i want to mess around with adb and see if i can push packages onto the kann, but i'm an iphone user for years and don't know my way around android.

i figured at this point there's absolutely no more support form AK for the KANN, i'm out of warranty, the resale on this thing is worthless i may as well tinker with it and see if i can bring some features to it myself.

May I ask, how did you manage to reach that menu? Thanks a lot!

Sep 2, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #2,089 of 2,698
How to get to the KANN secret menu:

go into Settings from the dropdown menu

go into System Information

on "model number/KANN" tap your finger 5-8 times

you'll now be in a korean only secret menu.

use a live/camera google translate for the rest:

in the 4th row, middle button is the one that allows you to set to "stradium" mode from normal mode, will require reboot (yes is always the left button, no is the right botton).

in the 5th row, is the instal packages menu... this works directly from the microSD card.

1) it's looking for the following directory: /iriver/manual
2) after that, it's looking for the following directory: /iriver/driver

i put an .apk file in #1 location and it accepted it but then it's looking for something in the driver directory.

does anyone know anything about android, can .apk files be broken out into something that would have a driver subfolder?

some other roadblocks so far:
i downloaded the android studio and it's not finding KANN as an android device

i can't figure out how, but there has to be a way to enable USB debugging on the KANN, considering your an get into the secret menu with simple taps i'm thinking the AK team has another simple way to get into USB debugging mode but i can't figure it out.

the user that posted the videos on here definitely knows something, as he's also the one that made the videos, so at least he was able to get into the core android and load some sort of a browser on the kann to view videos. so he either side loaded a browser APK or re-vived something that's hidden by default by the KANN skin.

i'm hoping more people jump on this bandwagon and try to tinker with their KANN to figure out what could be determined.

Sep 3, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #2,090 of 2,698
How to get to the KANN secret menu:

go into Settings from the dropdown menu

go into System Information

on "model number/KANN" tap your finger 5-8 times

you'll now be in a korean only secret menu.

use a live/camera google translate for the rest:

in the 4th row, middle button is the one that allows you to set to "stradium" mode from normal mode, will require reboot (yes is always the left button, no is the right botton).

in the 5th row, is the instal packages menu... this works directly from the microSD card.

1) it's looking for the following directory: /iriver/manual
2) after that, it's looking for the following directory: /iriver/driver

i put an .apk file in #1 location and it accepted it but then it's looking for something in the driver directory.

does anyone know anything about android, can .apk files be broken out into something that would have a driver subfolder?

some other roadblocks so far:
i downloaded the android studio and it's not finding KANN as an android device

i can't figure out how, but there has to be a way to enable USB debugging on the KANN, considering your an get into the secret menu with simple taps i'm thinking the AK team has another simple way to get into USB debugging mode but i can't figure it out.

the user that posted the videos on here definitely knows something, as he's also the one that made the videos, so at least he was able to get into the core android and load some sort of a browser on the kann to view videos. so he either side loaded a browser APK or re-vived something that's hidden by default by the KANN skin.

i'm hoping more people jump on this bandwagon and try to tinker with their KANN to figure out what could be determined.
Thanks a lot! Will dig in myself and give a shout if finding out anything

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #2,091 of 2,698
i just got a kann and am trying to figure out how i would use it as a transport with my hugo 2...how do i connect it and get the hugo 2 to recognize it?....i tried the micro usb to micro usb but had no luck....any help would be appreciated

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #2,092 of 2,698
You have to select it from the pull down menu
No 15
I think you will also need a OTG cable
DF8FA103-CF63-4A43-8B28-14361C3E9F7E.png

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #2,093 of 2,698
Astell & Kern IAA01 Bluetooth Remote Control? ?? Does it not work with KANN?
for AK240, AK300, AK320, AK380, AK Jr. AK100II, AK120II as well as AK100 and AK120
------------------------------
The Cheap Iriver Remote with KANN Works! A few more on ebay :) A&K support is lost ..
iriver táv.jpg

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #2,096 of 2,698

Is there any way to reorder playlists? So that I could move "Shuffle 2" from 04 to 02 on this list?
Looking up in the Instruction: no word about it.
Looking at the playlist screen: the small bars on the right hand side are missing from the playlist items. (I mean the three small horizontal bar which is visible on the titles when you are reordering the playlist content). That means for me, this action is not foreseen.

If you do not have too many playlists, or you do not mind if they are destroyed by playing around, you can try the following:

Connect your Kann with a USB-C cable to a Windows7 or 10 PC. Without installing any driver, or maybe after an automatic driver installation, a KANN icon shall appear in the Windows Manager right side panel, under "Computer". If you click on it, you shall see "Internal storage" in the main panel (maybe "microSD card" as well, if you have one). Doubleclick on it, you see folders, one of them is "Playlists". Rightclick beside that, and create a new folder, name it "tmp". Doubleclick on "Playlists" folder. You will see .m3u files, named as your playlists.

I suspect KANN orders the playlists as they are physically stored on the disk directory structure, just in reverse order. I.e last created entry go to the end of the directory list, go to the top of the playlists. Now comes the trick, and possible destruction of playlists:

Drag and drop the "shuffle 3" and "shuffle 2" from the playlists folder to tmp folder, does not matter in which order. Check if the size of the file is not 0 after he move. Then drag and drop "shuffle 2" from tmp to Playlists folder, finally drag and drop "shuffle 3" from tmp to Playlist folder. Now you can check on the KANN, the order shall be as you wished. Side effect can be that all your playlists will disappear later. Happy hacking :o2smile:.
Maybe there are some programs that can change the order of the directory entries direcly on the storage medium, like in old times some DOS programs - I have not researched any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back