Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #2,116 of 2,698
the only way to fix is for someone that's good at android development to figure out how to progress with the hack that i found. one user on here knew about this since 2016 when he loaded youtube on kann, i reached out to him many times but he never responded.

there's a way to sideload apps on here.

Nov 28, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #2,117 of 2,698
Hi everyone, I would like to buy ak kann, will it be okay in balanced with amiron that it is difficult to drive it?
Is kann still a good deal for the price today?
Does the kann match well with the chord mojo?

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #2,120 of 2,698
Hi everyone, I would like to buy ak kann, will it be okay in balanced with amiron that it is difficult to drive it?
Is kann still a good deal for the price today?
Does the kann match well with the chord mojo?

amiron isn’t really difficult to drive. It has a sensitivity of 102dB SPL/mW which is a very easy to drive headphone. The higher impedance just means it will use less Current which is good for a DAP.

The Kaan, compared to the Mojo, has a higher output impedance and is slightly less powerful in SE but slightly more powerful in balanced than the Mojo. Either one would have zero issue driving the amiron.

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #2,122 of 2,698
A days I buy the kann, I am also directed towards the ak sr 15 which has the double dac instead of the single dac of the kann, the double dac of the sr 15 does it have a better sound quality than the kann?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #2,124 of 2,698
How is it that the Output Unbalanced and Balanced in Normal mode is the same 2V (and not 4V in balanced mode) ?? Is this item still brilliant in terms of sound quality?
The advantage of the higher balanced output in high gain is the ability to power lower-sensitivity, harder-to-drive headphones, like higher-impedance Sennheisers. For that, you'd be using the high gain setting by default, making the power output in normal gain a moot consideration. If you're using balanced output for sensitive headphones or IEMs, a lower output is more desirable; there would be no need for 4V balanced output in normal gain.

To my ears, sound quality is consistent in both balanced and unbalanced, both in normal and high gain settings. The balanced signal *might* sound a bit smoother than unbalanced, but since there's no way to do a true A/B comparison, I can't be sure of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back