Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Mar 24, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #1,923 of 2,698
And yet Tesla owners complain on their forums.
Tesla is delivering model S cars since 2012, and still getting OTA upgrades, improved mileage via Software and some physical improvements when maintenance is required

So...

Did the manufacture of your car update your two year old model because this years model gets better gas mileage or has a new safety feature? I doubt it.

Yes, it has.

About complaints in forums: complaints are an opportunity to improve. It’s manufacturer choice to take it or not.
A&K it´s not taking it

Mar 24, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #1,924 of 2,698
Tesla is delivering model S cars since 2012, and still getting OTA upgrades, improved mileage via Software and some physical improvements when maintenance is required

So...

Yes, it has.

About complaints in forums: complaints are an opportunity to improve. It’s manufacturer choice to take it or not.
A&K it´s not taking it

I stand humbly corrected.

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #1,925 of 2,698
I get that people want to make their investment stretch as long as possible. but it's still tech gear. Obsolescence is part of the game. I have a Kann and have loved every moment of it. Then again, I'm not a tweaker, trying to squeeze every last bit of performance out of a DAP.

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #1,926 of 2,698
I love the KANN as an offline DAP, but the Tidal functionality is really starting to annoy me. Every few days I get some weird error: last night it was something about the music publishers prohibiting all the tracks on one of my playlists. So far all the errors have been resolved by logging out and logging back in, but I don't have these problems on iOS or true Android devices.

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #1,927 of 2,698
I get that people want to make their investment stretch as long as possible. but it's still tech gear. Obsolescence is part of the game. I have a Kann and have loved every moment of it. Then again, I'm not a tweaker, trying to squeeze every last bit of performance out of a DAP.

I use my Kann every day. I have had zero issues with it. And compared to android daps I own the ui is a dream: simple and stable. But I am a semi-completist and I have a "must own the disc, or the file" jones so streaming issues don't apply to me.

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #1,928 of 2,698
I'm waiting for delivery of my newly-ordered Kann. I already have the memory cards I'm planning on using with it, formatted to FAT32. Can I start filling them with music now, or does the Kann need to format the cards before they can be used in the device?

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #1,931 of 2,698
I make 3 folders on my desktop computer for the KANN tunes.

KANN 1 is the internal memory,

KANN 2 is the micro card,

and you guessed it,

KANN 3 is the regular sized sd card.

I fill those folders first and then just do a copy over to my KANN.

I only use FLAC,have over 24,400 with lots of space left for more tunes!

Constantly adding new music.

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #1,932 of 2,698
I make 3 folders on my desktop computer for the KANN tunes.

KANN 1 is the internal memory,

KANN 2 is the micro card,

and you guessed it,

KANN 3 is the regular sized sd card.

I fill those folders first and then just do a copy over to my KANN.

I only use FLAC,have over 24,400 with lots of space left for more tunes!

Constantly adding new music.

I've bought the KANN primarily for capacity. My library is mostly in AAC format, but it's more than 91,000 tracks. I have/had a modded iPod Classic, but it kept flaking out around the 80,000 track mark, so I'm hoping the KANN is more stable with the big library spread over the three memory sources.

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,934 of 2,698
I've bought the KANN primarily for capacity. My library is mostly in AAC format, but it's more than 91,000 tracks. I have/had a modded iPod Classic, but it kept flaking out around the 80,000 track mark, so I'm hoping the KANN is more stable with the big library spread over the three memory sources.

Gee whizz, your making my 17000 plus library feel so inadequate.:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back