Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 23, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,951 of 2,698
"Agreed - I use my KANN because of the storage capacity. Have a 1TB SD card and a 512GB MicroSD card in there which means I can carry all of my music with me with room to spare. It's a mistake not to have two card slots in a revision."

Yes lets talk those sizes,brands and prices.I didn't know the KANN could use them at that size.

Apr 23, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #1,952 of 2,698
Right now I use two 512gb cards in my Kann, one is a PNY sd card and the other is a Samsung micro sd. I have had zero issues with either one of them. But the 1TB cards are an unknown for me, and expensive. Lexar from Amazon = $363

I have enough room with these cards but the growth rate of the collection is high.

Apr 23, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #1,954 of 2,698
I'd be interested to know if the 1T card will work and now I know from your information that a 512 micro card works,good to know.I have a 400GB micro and a 512 sd card at the moment because I was under the impression that was the limit,I stand corrected.

Same for me, intentionally bought the 512GB and 400GB cards as I thought those were the limits :frowning2:

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #1,955 of 2,698
All AK players, including KANN will support up to 2TB cards, which is the current standard and what the card readers will read. In the past, we've stated max as the max available to currently purchase. We test and officially support new capacities as they come out. We do officially support 512GB now and have the 1TBs on pre-order to test when they are released.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 23, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,956 of 2,698
All AK players, including KANN will support up to 2TB cards, which is the current standard and what the card readers will read. In the past, we've stated max as the max available to currently purchase. We test and officially support new capacities as they come out. We do officially support 512GB now and have the 1TBs on pre-order to test when they are released.
Thanks for the clarification.I look forward to purchasing a 1TB sd card when available and a 1TB micro sd card if they ever become available.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #1,957 of 2,698

... But no software updates, you let the Kann die.

A&K lost me as a customer.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,958 of 2,698
So, tell us about the 1TB card? Brand, performance, price?

It’s the Lexar 1TB Card $363 off Amazon US. Took just under 4 hours to transfer a TB of music over and it works although the KANN has taken forever to index!

KANN performance a bit sluggish with so many files but still sounds good and having everything in one device is great!

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #1,961 of 2,698
They have lost me too.....I'm moving to Sony should be with me tomorrow then the Kann is gone.
The Kann Cube looks disappointing, judging by the FCC documents. A step back in storage because of dropping the sd card, a step back in wireless, because of dropping Bluetooth 5. No LDAC. And I was hoping for an improved Kann to maybe switch from my otherwise satisfying Pioneer XDP-100R (with 2 micro sd slots). Is not going to happen with these specs. The big Sony is over the top for me, with its extreme price. Can't imagine the sound is so much better than the Pioneer's.

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #1,962 of 2,698
Same for me, intentionally bought the 512GB and 400GB cards as I thought those were the limits :frowning2:
Anything that uses SDXC should go up to the theoretical limit of the design, 2TB
Itsbjust no SD card manufacturer managed to reach that limit yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back