Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
May 13, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #436 of 2,698
Thanks - did you update your firmware to the latest version? In addition had you filled the card with tracks? My Kann sees less than the full capacity of the card and it may fail to see folders only when the card is nearly full. Actually my player doesn't even see the 512gb card!
Yes I did FW update.My sd card still works fine. I have 128GB of free space left, though.

May 13, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #437 of 2,698
Thanks - did you update your firmware to the latest version? In addition had you filled the card with tracks? My Kann sees less than the full capacity of the card and it may fail to see folders only when the card is nearly full. Actually my player doesn't even see the 512gb card!

I use PNY 512GB. It is almost full, only a few hundred MB left. Kann sees all of my files and plays fine. I have the most recent firmware.

May 13, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #438 of 2,698
I might prefer the software buttons on the AK 100 II over the physical buttons. Do you guys prefer the physical buttons. I think I need to spend more time with the Kane's interface.
Which buttons are you talking about? Most of the operations can be performed on screen with touch.

May 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #440 of 2,698
I just ordered my Kann - coming Tuesday. I think I had heard that it comes with an SD256k card as a bonus. Did anyone receive this? Also, is there a case that you can buy for the AK Kann and if so, where do you find it online? Thanks.

May 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #443 of 2,698
Any comparison KANN vs. AK300? I wouldn't expect dramatic differences in SQ as they both use the AKM AK4490 chip...
From memory, KANN sounds slightly fuller than AK300 in mids and midbass. Tonalities of KANN and AK300 are similar although KANN's soundstage is deeper. Also, KANN hisses more on sensitive IEMs, while it is more power in terms of the sheer volume/loudness it is able to achieve.

May 13, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #444 of 2,698
Or to Mojo?

I didn't manage to do a A/B comparison as I've been using a 2.5mm balanced cable on the KANN recently. Just my two cents, mojo has a better controlled and more resolved bass and KANN has a slightly elevated midbass. However KANN has a airier presentation compared to mojo.
If you have the opportunity, try the mojo copper casing mod. It's overpriced IMO but the resulting sound is very textured and nuanced.

May 13, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #446 of 2,698
Well, this is disappointing. I just got my KANN today and it was working fine for a while but it's now endlessly rebooting. Any suggestions?
Wow that sure sounds scary.
Try charging the kann for a while first before you boot it up. And try to boot without any (micro)sd cards.

A few photos/videos would also help us help you better. :)

May 13, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #447 of 2,698
On the AK 100 II, I am able to pause a song using touch. I thought the only way to pause with the Kann is with the physical button.

I don't know. I like to be able to do blind operations without pulling out my device, stare the screen then pause. Too many steps involved.

May 13, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #450 of 2,698
I use PNY 512GB. It is almost full, only a few hundred MB left. Kann sees all of my files and plays fine. I have the most recent firmware.
Thanks - maybe my Kann is faulty. I inserted a 256gb SDcard (which only has 50mb space left) on which files are organised by Artist with all artists beginning with 'A' under top level folder A, followed by B, etc, etc. Kann reports a 232gb card and the A folder is missing. Same kind of thing with my microSD card. Weird or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back