Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 11, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #151 of 2,698
I don't know what the issue is.This looks like a pretty great All-in-one solution to me. It's the only AstellKern Dap that I'm seriously thinking about buying, Well priced, well spec'd and with ample power, you don't need any external amplification or stacking to power your headphones. I like the look as well, I've seen MUCH worse (LPG/QPR1). Plus I love the fact that it has physical buttons as well. Specs wise its a home run, memory/battery/power/durability/price/practicality(dual usb). at the $1k price range you'd be hard pressed to find something better. for me, Instead of getting a mojo and then stacking it with a flimsy DAP this is a far better option.

All this storage and quality. A real huge amp for a DAP to boot! I'm really excited about the Kann. Really worth buying I feel. I'm a music head and I've bought several 64g micro sd cards for my AK JR. Be nice to safely put all my music (all gigs) onto one device that bleeds quality. :)

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #152 of 2,698
Will this have digital output? any way to connect to a desktop DAC?

EDIT: sorry, just saw that there's no optical output.

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #154 of 2,698

Thanks - does this mean that it can be connected to a DAC via USB cable? or will the USB only be able to connect to a computer?

Both possible.

USB out - as a transport and connect to external DAC
USB in - as a DAC for a comp or tablet/smartphone

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #155 of 2,698

Both possible.

USB out - as a transport and connect to external DAC
USB in - as a DAC for a comp or tablet/smartphone

Excellent, thanks! I might have to take the plunge... I'm currently using the AK240 but the extra power, battery and capacity is very promising...

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #157 of 2,698
So, after a bit of lurking in various threads for DAP's, I did something completely out of the norm for me. I went and blind ordered the KANN.  My present DAP is a Cayin N6, and I am hoping to hear a benefit from the additional power and balanced out. Have a pair of Trinity Audio Hunters on order that should arrive around the same time, and plan on buying a balanced cable for my Nighthawks as well. Nervous and excited.

Apr 14, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #158 of 2,698
Subbed and highly interested as well
rolleyes.gif

Can't wait to read more about KANN's sq / signature.

Apr 14, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #160 of 2,698
  Subbed and highly interested as well
rolleyes.gif

Can't wait to read more about KANN's sq / signature.

Exactly...that is what folks should be curious about...signature

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #162 of 2,698
I have been looking for DAP that has solid DLNA performance and have failed so far. Most of Chinese made DAPs like X7, i5 all claim to have DLNA but none of them performed well enough to be practical to use. I have high hope of KANN. Can't wait to receive mine.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #164 of 2,698
looks aside,this appears to be the best option for an all in one DAP yet....REAL line out...serious storage space....Tidal access....powerful amp.....I do wish it had optical out though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back