Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 7, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #61 of 2,698
To some design is important. To others may not be. I usual put my ak300 in my bag, so to me look is definitely the less important since 99% of the time it will be in my bag except when I need to turn it off or on.
I'm not a android software lover for dap. I prefer it to be just for listening music and having a smooth system is more important and I find ak player suite my taste and use better than other brand, not that they are not good, just a personal taste and preference.

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #62 of 2,698
Beauty vs Functionality
Cheap vs Value
Design vs Utility
Size vs Battery life
Power vs Weight

...never ending debate

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #63 of 2,698
Beauty vs Functionality
Cheap vs Value
Design vs Utility
Size vs Battery life
Power vs Weight

...never ending debate

I know right people and their opinions :rolleyes: anyway some times I have a good read while listening to my ugly or beautiful players (in a case) and reading what you monsters* have to say,

*monsters because if it wasn't for you I wouldn't spend $5000+ on a Music gear :p
But I love my music better now so thanks
:beerchug:

I'm interested in the line out, hope is a true line out.

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #64 of 2,698
I'd have to agree that visually it doesn't appeal to me, at least compared to the other AK DAPS. But I will reserve judgement until I actually hold it in my hand, if its actually easy to use and the placements of the buttons make sense in terms of usage then great.

Ergonomics is still more important than looks, that's my 2 cents at least.
smile.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #65 of 2,698
I'm sure the leather case will able to conceal the ugliness of this Kann dap.
And this "kann" is a foul language lol

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #67 of 2,698
My initial take on the design was ho hum, but I like the blue colored version.

I hope there is TIDAL support, if so, this will work for me just fine.

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #69 of 2,698
If this will sound good will be the best player at this price.
I saw WiFi so there must be tidal.

What would really be great is if A&K added MQA in a firmware update.

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #70 of 2,698
If this will sound good will be the best player at this price.
I saw WiFi so there must be tidal.

What would really be great is if A&K added MQA in a firmware update.

Yes that will be nice,make it a full package.
But being a music player, USB DAC and massive transport for Hugo2 is fantastic and 14 h battery life, hopefully DSD time.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #72 of 2,698
On Astell & Kern's website it says it only supports 256 gigabyte sd cards.  I know some devices say there is a limit on that for their devices, but usually they work with higher storage cards as well.  Hope this is the case.

Cheers

Riley

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #73 of 2,698
On Astell & Kern's website it says it only supports 256 gigabyte sd cards.  I know some devices say there is a limit on that for their devices, but usually they work with higher storage cards as well.  Hope this is the case.

Cheers

Riley

Micro sd card support is 256 GB and Sd card support is 512 GB for now,plus internal 64 GB so don't worry.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #74 of 2,698
Micro sd card support is 256 GB and Sd card support is 512 GB for now,plus internal 64 GB so don't worry.

That is great.  Thanks!  I must have misunderstood something.  It looks really nice in the picture on Astell & Kern's website, but I am not sure if it actually looks as nice as photographed.  I have bought shoes and sunglasses online that looked amazing on the store website and then I get them and they are not quite as nice looking.  Hope that isn't the case here.  Either way not a deal breaker jut honest pictures that aren't re touched or enhanced would be nice.

Cheers

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back