Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
Sep 19, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #1,022 of 2,200
Any app installed via OpenApp bypasses Android and plays back in the full resolution.
We are seeing the new Amazon Music app that supports hi-res streaming is NOT bypassing Android and is playing all hi-res at 24/48. This doesn't seem to be an issue with just our players, it is happening on other Android devices that are capable of playing back full resolution. It doesn't seem to be bypassing Android on those devices either. Our dev team is researching the issue and I will share when I know more, but I assume we may see an update to the Amazon Music app soon.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 19, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #1,023 of 2,200
Sep 19, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,026 of 2,200
We are seeing the new Amazon Music app that supports hi-res streaming is NOT bypassing Android and is playing all hi-res at 24/48. This doesn't seem to be an issue with just our players, it is happening on other Android devices that are capable of playing back full resolution. It doesn't seem to be bypassing Android on those devices either. Our dev team is researching the issue and I will share when I know more, but I assume we may see an update to the Amazon Music app soon.

Hi JasonNYC, what is the process to ask AK add support for another Music app that i listen to using the OpenApp service?

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #1,030 of 2,200
Hey, can anyone compare the Cube with the idsd black label?
To me the ifi device has the best bass among portable/transportable sources. It is extremely tight and fast, and it is neutral.
From my experience devices on ESS chips usually quite soft in this area, not tight enough.
How is the bass on the Cube in that regard?
Interesting to hear the opinion of real owners of both devices. Thank you
I had the Black label Nano for a few days and was disappointed. Sent it back. My Cube arrives on Monday. Looking forward to it. A bit concerned seeing these posts about moisture behind the screen and charging problems. I hadn't seen those before ordering. Wish I had.

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #1,031 of 2,200
I mean Micro black label, which is £599. Not nano.
I'm talking about portable sources first of all. The latest DAP on the ESS chip I tried was the AK Futura - soft sounding bass.

To me idsd micro outperforms LPG and some other TOTL DAPs easily.

I like the Cube spec, the only concern is the bass. If it is like on Futura then this is a wrong source for me.
Micro is a different story. I have it.Excellent, but now having big problems upgrading the firmware to the MQA version. I needed that for Tidal. But waiting for my Cube now anway. Gave up on the Micro.

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #1,032 of 2,200
I had the Black label Nano for a few days and was disappointed. Sent it back. My Cube arrives on Monday. Looking forward to it. A bit concerned seeing these posts about moisture behind the screen and charging problems. I hadn't seen those before ordering. Wish I had.
I have no moisture problema with my Cube, and really enjoy the sound, I am curious if you will !
maybe write your opinion after you listen to it?

The JediBaritone :)

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #1,033 of 2,200
Hi,
Any update on when this might be available?

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #1,035 of 2,200
Love the case. It's nice and finally nice to hold in your hand.
9940919_m.jpg
9940921_m.jpg
Hi, how do you like the Solaris with Kann cube? My Solaris is on the way. Is the hiss you hear from Solaris with the cube really a problem? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back