Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
Jun 3, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #107 of 2,200
hey guys I'm in market for new player

would this easily run

Cans like
Shure 846
HD 800S

If what you are after is power, I don't think it would get better than this. If you want to be sure, just wait 1-2 weeks for the first impressions.

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #110 of 2,200
Jun 7, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #113 of 2,200
I know I was negative in the beginning but both Cube and SP2000 are pretty interesting, as, as I understand these are the first DAPs to use current output mode...

AFAIK the Questyle DAPs have also all used current mode amplification (plus maybe one or two oddball DAPs on Penon/Taobao etc... over the years).

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #117 of 2,200
The case is not included. I was originally told it was included, then after seeing the unbox video last week asked again and was told it will not be included. I apologize for any confusion.

Strange, as the review here also says "I’m told retail units will come with a case, which should ameliorate the sharp edges". Looks like they changed their minds?

https://www.techhive.com/article/3391197/astellkern-kann-cube-review.html

Will it be available separately? I already ordered the Cube, maybe I should also ask my dealer for the case.

Jun 8, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #118 of 2,200
The case is not included. I was originally told it was included, then after seeing the unbox video last week asked again and was told it will not be included. I apologize for any confusion.
Haven't been able to find the specs for power output (aside from 12vrms in high, balanced mode). Do you have the specs for the power into 32 and 300ohms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back