Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
May 17, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #76 of 3,321
I just saw video showing a un-boxing and guiding through the interface. At one point, he starts playing a track and you can hear it being played. No phones were attached. Does this thing have a built in speaker? I tried to find the video again to post but can't remember where I saw it. That is an odd thing to have in a player these days as it is presupposed that anyone using it will be using headphones or the like...anyone who had a pre-production can confirm this?

May 17, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #77 of 3,321
I just saw video showing a un-boxing and guiding through the interface. At one point, he starts playing a track and you can hear it being played. No phones were attached. Does this thing have a built in speaker? I tried to find the video again to post but can't remember where I saw it. That is an odd thing to have in a player these days as it is presupposed that anyone using it will be using headphones or the like...anyone who had a pre-production can confirm this?

Was it this one?

I don't hear any music being played though.

Edit: Maybe you're talking about this one?

It may be hard to see, but there is a 3.5mm connector plugged into the player.

May 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #78 of 3,321
It was neither of those. There wasn't a spoken narrative, just showing the unit and interface. I am out right now, when I get home, I'll research though my history and see if I can find it. Just thought odd since I haven't seen a small speaker since my iPod touch 3G (and of course iPhone)

May 17, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #80 of 3,321
The bt makes sense, it was late and I may have missed that.

May 17, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #81 of 3,321
I could resist no longer. I placed a pre-order through Moon Audio. I opted for this route as I trust Drew and have purchased other items from him with excellent results. Now I have to wait and see when it'll ship. Might as well get my spare micro SD card set up...I will do a comparison with the 100ii and the new X3ii I have. Should be fun...

May 17, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #82 of 3,321
I could resist no longer. I placed a pre-order through Moon Audio. I opted for this route as I trust Drew and have purchased other items from him with excellent results. Now I have to wait and see when it'll ship. Might as well get my spare micro SD card set up...I will do a comparison with the 100ii and the new X3ii I have. Should be fun...

Sweet! Looking forward to your comparisons. Does this Drew have an idea on the expected release date?

May 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #83 of 3,321
Unfortunately, there are no ship times listed. However, the site does not say 'pre-order' anymore. Maybe he's got some stock early?

May 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #84 of 3,321

I hope your purchase is worth it! :)

It's a lot of money for an audio player imo 

May 17, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #85 of 3,321
Believe me, I agree that it is a lot of money. Just was taken by the form. I love my 100ii, so this should be decent given its market placement. I'll chime in on the value once I get some time with it. This is going to be my travel unit that I'll switch up with my X3ii.

May 17, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #86 of 3,321
Unfortunately, there are no ship times listed. However, the site does not say 'pre-order' anymore. Maybe he's got some stock early?

Hm, similar to a shop in my country (HeadphonesCanada.ca) that will be carrying the Jr. It had one in stock, I emailed them about it asking if it's available or for preorder (they said preorder), then it was out of stock :p

May 18, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #88 of 3,321
That is a good question. Was that for world-wide release of just Asia-Pacific? I know that the States are usually the last to see any releases. I would be excited if I could get one now...maybe that was why the site I ordered from lost the 'pre-order' tag.

May 18, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #89 of 3,321
Not Asia-Pacific - my Bangkok dealer has had stock for at least 3 weeks. 

http://www.jetliveaudio.com/index.php?mo=29&keyword=Astell&Kern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back