Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #3,301 of 3,321
I'm still enjoying my AK JR. I do wish the boot up time was faster but that's a small complaint. Does anyone know how the DX90 turn on speed compares? I really like the old ipods UI, but it's a pain having to do everything in itunes (and I've been having difficulty loading rockbox).

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #3,302 of 3,321
I'm still enjoying my AK JR. I do wish the boot up time was faster but that's a small complaint. Does anyone know how the DX90 turn on speed compares? I really like the old ipods UI, but it's a pain having to do everything in itunes (and I've been having difficulty loading rockbox).
I still use mine as well. A lot. When it gets very slow i go in to Settings/System Information/Internal and touch the waste basket symbol. This erases everything and reformats the internal storage. Reload tunes and it does speed it up. Now, the battery seems to not hold a charge as long. So what i do is run it completely dead. Do a full charge, run it dead again and another full charge. That seems to make the charges last longer.

When loading tunes on mine i use Windows Explorer. I do not buy my tunes from Apple. Only High Def sites.

Horror of horrors, i left it in my pocket one day and my wife threw it in the wash. Dried it, and its been working fine except my Bluetooth. Cant find the connection. I have bluetooth receivers on my tube system for Cells but for this player i always use an RCA connection on the back of the amp.

Jul 17, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #3,303 of 3,321
Need help guys..why is my Jr giving me this message “free up disk space” when internal and SD card is empty? tried to load some flac files but giving me that message and wont scan…thanks

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #3,304 of 3,321
Need help guys..why is my Jr giving me this message “free up disk space” when internal and SD card is empty? tried to load some flac files but giving me that message and wont scan…thanks
What kind of SD card make is it?

Jul 18, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #3,306 of 3,321
I still use mine as well. A lot. When it gets very slow i go in to Settings/System Information/Internal and touch the waste basket symbol. This erases everything and reformats the internal storage. Reload tunes and it does speed it up. Now, the battery seems to not hold a charge as long. So what i do is run it completely dead. Do a full charge, run it dead again and another full charge. That seems to make the charges last longer.

When loading tunes on mine i use Windows Explorer. I do not buy my tunes from Apple. Only High Def sites.

Horror of horrors, i left it in my pocket one day and my wife threw it in the wash. Dried it, and its been working fine except my Bluetooth. Cant find the connection. I have bluetooth receivers on my tube system for Cells but for this player i always use an RCA connection on the back of the amp.
Is there a way to use the Jr with a amp like the Cayin C9? Im using just the BT for now...thanks

Jul 19, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #3,307 of 3,321
its PNY,,,thanks
Try a Samsung or sandisk SD card make and make sure it is formatted to FAT-32. See if that fixes your problem. I think you have a corrupted or non authentic SD card.

Jul 19, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #3,308 of 3,321
Try a Samsung or sandisk SD card make and make sure it is formatted to FAT-32. See if that fixes your problem. I think you have a corrupted or non authentic SD card.
You are right..damn SD card is corrupted.Bought a Samsung Evo 512GB from Amazon and Jr was with it😊👍Thanks!

Jul 19, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #3,309 of 3,321
Yes, I've read somewhere else that the Sandisk SD cards are the best to use with the A&K and that some cards simply don't work or are easily corrupted. An alternative to FAT32 is exFAT. FAT32 limits the amount of data that can be downloaded whereas exFAT doesn't have this problem.

Jul 20, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #3,310 of 3,321
You are right..damn SD card is corrupted.Bought a Samsung Evo 512GB from Amazon and Jr was with it😊👍Thanks!
Oh wait. 512G. That is too big! 64G maximum is best. You are gonna experience UI lag. ✌️

Jul 21, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #3,311 of 3,321
Thanks for reply , a friend asked he want ifi product idac 2 or idsd with jr , my question is does jr work with ifi through usb digital output or not ? , just as source not for portable use
i want to know that as well if i could use it as source for the Cayin C9 using usb..using just the BT to connect to Hugo2🙁

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #3,312 of 3,321
does anyone have experience with computers not recognising these, mine doesn't but i generally use sd cards anyway and that works fine, and so cheap that this hardly bothers me. just thought i'd ask, see if i can get a bit more storage space :)

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #3,313 of 3,321
i want to know that as well if i could use it as source for the Cayin C9 using usb..using just the BT to connect to Hugo2🙁
Yes. As a direct line out into the C9 line in using an AUX cable. You can’t use usb. It won’t work. The USB C is a charging port and computer network connection only.

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #3,314 of 3,321
does anyone have experience with computers not recognising these, mine doesn't but i generally use sd cards anyway and that works fine, and so cheap that this hardly bothers me. just thought i'd ask, see if i can get a bit more storage space :)
This usually happens when you use a different USB cable and not the supplied stock cable. Otherwise sometimes a system reset does work. 😎

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #3,315 of 3,321
This usually happens when you use a different USB cable and not the supplied stock cable. Otherwise sometimes a system reset does work. 😎
how do you system reset, i am using the supplied cable (at least, it's an AnK one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back