Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Mar 28, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #346 of 1,190
When if it is design/hardware fault, why some units working flawlessly and some break up almost immediately?

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #347 of 1,190
  When if it is design/hardware fault, why some units working flawlessly and some break up almost immediately?

If something is designed well, it should perform consistently with a very few number being DOA or failed at the start of its lifetime. The thing is, when it does break, it breaks so many time for some people which is something that is quite concerning OR they have bad QA&QC process. I'm leaning to design flaw though because no way a perfectly QC'd item will break so easily for many times.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #348 of 1,190
So far I have contacted Beyerdynamics US and Germany. Beyer US just ignored my email while the german technical support guy shunned my question and directed my email to A&K, saying they will contact me very soon. Also, in the email Beyer didn't mention or admit anything about the product's flaw. And a few days have passed, and I am still awaiting AK's answer like an idiot. Neither Beyer nor AK cares! In HK, I've heard the local dealer have called back all the t8ies. However, there is no improved batch yet. I am not sure whether it hasn't come in, or the so called imroved batch doesn't even exist. I will figure it out on Monday.

Apr 3, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #349 of 1,190
Woah, that is nasty, dealers calling back stocks? I thought that kind of stuff only happens to car manufacturers. I'm just hoping my pair will last or if it is to be broken again, I really hope the shop I bought it will be willing to trade it with something else.

Apr 3, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #350 of 1,190
I just got zapped again using the valoq out while it is connected to usb charger. It is just nasty, while I have not had any issue using the mmcx on my unit (the problem for me was the mmc male connectors on the cable) the electrical zapping isnt just normal.

I have to RMA it. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #351 of 1,190
Woah, that is nasty, dealers calling back stocks? I thought that kind of stuff only happens to car manufacturers. I'm just hoping my pair will last or if it is to be broken again, I really hope the shop I bought it will be willing to trade it with something else.

As far as I've heard, they called back stocks from their authorised shops, not from customers (How responsible!). So currently in HK, you couldn't find any new pair of T8ie except the circulating second-hands. I wont sell mine. The local dealer needs to deal with me and the consumer council this time.

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #352 of 1,190
Hopefully this is a sign that a new revision is coming, I'm a bit paranoid whenever I first put on my T8ie and after I put it back to my pelican case.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #354 of 1,190
Ive used mine for 2, 3 weeks now, no issues, remimder its series starting with 4...
Again, i paid full price to a fancy Selfridges, if it goes wrong it goes back for a refund.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #355 of 1,190
After several days of waiting, I received email from A&K senior marketing manager today as promised. I replied him again with some of your comments here with screenshots.
I have to give him credits for the reply was fast and sincere. They are indeed aware of this problem and recalled previous stock from dustributors. Root cause has been found and the recent batches have gone through 100% reinspection by Beyer. I will call the local distributor to request one from the latest batch. Let's see if the problem has been corrected.

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #356 of 1,190
After several days of waiting, I received email from A&K senior marketing manager today as promised. I replied him again with some of your comments here with screenshots.
I have to give him credits for the reply was fast and sincere. They are indeed aware of this problem and recalled previous stock from dustributors. Root cause has been found and the recent batches have gone through 100% reinspection by Beyer. I will call the local distributor to request one from the latest batch. Let's see if the problem has been corrected.

Did they say what is the case? My guess is the exposed metal back platte. I truly love the sound of my T8iE, I just emailed my local dealer about this, I really dont want to return my T8iE as I have over 300 hours of burnin but than again i dont want to risk not doing it either. I think it shortens something when it interacts with the mmcx. 

Thanks for the update. 

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #357 of 1,190

Thanks for sharing,if something goes wrong with mine being latest batch,we'll all know. Tho imo these Beyers are worth fighting for, they are my favourite.stunning sound through Pioneer dap of late..

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #358 of 1,190
I run mine from DP-X1 balanced, I think it'll be quite hard to find an upgrade after this. The only IEMs I can think of are UM Maverick (quite dated) or Kumitate Lab Trio which cost even more than my Ether.

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #359 of 1,190

possible to share the contact person? so that I can reach him/her...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back