Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Mar 24, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #333 of 1,190
It is, when the first unit mine got a few hours of run I finally feel that it truly exceeds IE800 in many ways. When it was broken and I went back to IE800, sure it's more forward and the treble sparkle is there but I really miss that bass response and non-fatiguing sound, also how it fits really perfect on my ear.

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #335 of 1,190
  It was my choice to pare with AK 380, but due so many issues I gave up and I choose Dita Truth Edition

I can't fathom the price difference between Dita standard -> Truth (slight tuning and cable) -> Truth Balanced, it's just illogical and when I heard it at CanJam, even IE800 feels more special.

Mar 27, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #338 of 1,190
Out of interest, does anybody else eq these iem? I like them very mutch but with JVC spiral dot or Comply TSX-200
they are to dominant around 150 hz for me, look at my eq settings for my ak240, goes down to -3db the up to +0.6db,
stays there at +0.6db to the top.

Would be nice to have some feedback on this, maybe give a try on these settings.

PS mine are serial 10203 and no problems with them since the first day and i don't
handel them with extra care.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #339 of 1,190

I can't fathom the price difference between Dita standard -> Truth (slight tuning and cable) -> Truth Balanced, it's just illogical and when I heard it at CanJam, even IE800 feels more special.

I think the AK T8iE it's better, but the Dita it's very good and build like a tank. I can't have a in-ear with issues (I haven't a dealer here and it will be very anoying if i have problems with the AK T8iE.).

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #340 of 1,190
Yea I gotta hand it to them for thick cables, I still can't get into it even though it's a DD based IEM.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #341 of 1,190
The cable is actuallyvery high quality kevlar reinforced. Don'tbe fouled by the thinness. Im loving it,it has no microphonics and tho it appears to be less well made than the thick Truth or ie800 its actually more comfy in day use.

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #342 of 1,190
The cable is actuallyvery high quality kevlar reinforced. Don'tbe fouled by the thinness. Im loving it,it has no microphonics and tho it appears to be less well made than the thick Truth or ie800 its actually more comfy in day use.

i dont have a problem with thin nature of it, it is that the mmcx connectors are loss for my unit. 

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #343 of 1,190
i dont have a problem with thin nature of it, it is that the mmcx connectors are loss for my unit. 

No one's been able to explain exactly the mmcx problem here. I hope it doesn't happen to me. In theory it should be as good as 846 which never had issues. This one is smaller and a bit refined and i think the connector gets a strain with certain holes:blush:

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #344 of 1,190
More I am thinking about it, more I realize, it might be the stock cable fault. It's simply to heavy in the place of the connectors for tiny monitors. And this is effecting the connection. I never used the stock cable and went straight to Linum Bax which is much lighter. Still working fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back