Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Mar 17, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #301 of 1,190
  Bought these in December last year and the right ear kept dying on me every month.  It's my third replacements tomorrow.  What a nightmare.  It's a shame because they are great when they are working especially paired with AK380.  I think they know there is something wrong with the design (probably on the mmcx connector).  It has come to a stage they would give me a replacement without asking me anything wrong.  I heard once when I was at the dealer office they said "this is the third pair we replaced today"!!!

I think I'm gonna write directly to AK or Beyer to complain

Holy crap, THREE TIMES !? I'm on my second one now waiting for it to arrive next week, I guess I gotta baby the hell up of that MMCX connectors. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this? I'm thinking of buying custom cable and put shrink wrap over the connector just to seal it from dust and oil and maybe add more rigidity to it.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #302 of 1,190
If it's an MMCX connector fault, how come it's always on the right side. They suppose to be identical. My guess it's some kind of flow in the right monitor itself. Mine working fine after 1 month of purchase.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #306 of 1,190
Finally got my new unit, I felt the mid sound more forward (I'm not really sure, but it just feels more engaging than my previous unit) and the magnet around MMCX connector is a bit stronger. Let's hope this one will hold out much longer. My previous was 12xxx now it's 13xxx, hopefully they made some minor fix to prevent premature failure.

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #307 of 1,190
Hi there, how many had problems with this in-ear?
How many don't .
I'm thinking To buy one for me ,but i'm a little concern .i haven't a dealer in my country :xf_eek:
This is A very expensive gear ,and it is suposed To be for a Life .not to give me hard attack :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #308 of 1,190
Hi there, how many had problems with this in-ear?
How many don't .
I'm thinking To buy one for me ,but i'm a little concern .i haven't a dealer in my country
redface.gif

This is A very expensive gear ,and it is suposed To be for a Life .not to give me hard attack
smily_headphones1.gif

It's a really good sounding IEM but if you don't have access to stores that can help you RMA, just forget about it and get other TOTL IEM with better track record for reliability.

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #310 of 1,190
Fourth times since purchased in November last year. All right side.

Apart from this, I am indeed very happy with its sound with the Crystal Cable Next.

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #311 of 1,190
Is it the mmcx connection problem only,is that on the cable side or on the monitors themselves?
I ordered from accessory jack which have been good in the past,but worry now about the warranty.

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #312 of 1,190
What are the number on your IEMs guys? I really hope they do a silent revision or something, this is just crazy.

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #314 of 1,190
I bought mine from B&H store a month ago and they work fine. Serial # 10486.

Mar 20, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #315 of 1,190
There must be something specific that triggers the defect, perhaps moisture? Vibration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back