Astell&Kern AK380
Jun 23, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #5,701 of 9,041
What a disaster. That Isreal retailer/distro has a responsibility to fix your dap. I'd contact AK again or try him one more time. Maybe if he was civil towards you he'd have a new customer instead of being a childish imp.

simply he cares about why i did not buy from his store so thats why he is not helping

AK USA tried to help alot by sending an email to the israeli distributor but the israeli distributor refuses to help, even ak usa are surprised from his action

Jun 23, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #5,703 of 9,041

Try this - with the AK380 turned off, rotate the volume wheel in one direction with a decent amount of force and speed for about 20 sec. Reverse direction and do the same. This should fix the problem if it's dust that is jamming the micro switches. If you see that the issue is improved, but not completely fixed, repeat. If nothing improves, then it's probably an internal failure.

A big hug to bflat. My vintage AK240 has been sitting in the drawer for this problem (volume only goes up even when I turn the knob down) - I had to use the on screen volume control to make it work. Since the arrival of the AK380Cu it has completely lost love. I used this method and the volume knob now works again! Kudos to bflat. Listening to the AK240 again gives me a new perspective. Certainly it does not have the finesse and soundstage of the AK380Cu, but it does give a bit warmer, less "hifi" vibe that is a bit more forgiving on poor recordings. Listening to some non-Hifi album on the AK240 is actually even better than the AK380Cu. Sublime. Simply sublime. I was thinking to sell my AK240 once it was fixed but now I have to think again. Although AK380Cu is no doubt the best of the best of the best, AK240 is still one of the best players on the market despite the new wave of players which came out in the past year, and with the small form factor that it has, AK240 is probably still the best of the best of the best DAP at its size. Sublime. Simply sublime.

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #5,705 of 9,041
Hello :wave:! Does anybody uses micro sd card 200gb? Doe Ak380 supports it, anybody tries?

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

Yes, it does. I've been using a SanDisk since day one of my 380.

http://amzn.to/28URPRM

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #5,706 of 9,041

I tried using different SD cards and it seems that there is a major difference in SQ among different brands and volumes. I won't list them out yet, but for those who don't already have it, try the Samsung Evo+ 64GB card. You will be floored when you switch to it. It affects the sound even if your songs are not stored in the card but in the unit's memory. The difference is just astonishing. 

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #5,707 of 9,041
Hello :wave:! Does anybody uses micro sd card 200gb? Doe Ak380 supports it, anybody tries?

Thank you! But tell please, how long do use that card and ak380?

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #5,708 of 9,041

I tried using different SD cards and it seems that there is a major difference in SQ among different brands and volumes. I won't list them out yet, but for those who don't already have it, try the Samsung Evo+ 64GB card. You will be floored when you switch to it. It affects the sound even if your songs are not stored in the card but in the unit's memory. The difference is just astonishing. 

In case anyone wants to try it.

http://amzn.to/292mTgg

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #5,709 of 9,041

Very interesting, how did sd card affects to sound of playing music, especially files stored in device memory? Makes more bass or what?)

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #5,710 of 9,041
Very interesting, how did sd card affects to sound of playing music, especially files stored in device memory? Makes more bass or what?)

The soundstage becomes even more open and the mid is even better - in short, it makes the best even better. A good micro SD is a must.

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #5,712 of 9,041

The soundstage becomes even more open and the mid is even better - in short, it makes the best even better. A good micro SD is a must.

but how whats the logic behind this

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #5,713 of 9,041

I bet u do a blindfold test u can't even tell which sd card is which.
Heard so many fairytales of ak380 black sounds darker etc all sort of crap, maybe the color black inpigment your brains making u think its supposed to be darker?! :frowning2:

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #5,714 of 9,041
There is no need for personal attacks, but yes, please go ahead to do some blindfold test, as I have (not literally blindfolded but I could tell which is which very clearly after a few times without knowing which one is inside the player).  Your jaws will drop. 

Jun 24, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #5,715 of 9,041
  There is no need for personal attacks, but yes, please go ahead to do some blindfold test, as I have (not literally blindfolded but I could tell which is which very clearly after a few times without knowing which one is inside the player).  Your jaws will drop. 

thats interesting what maximum storage there is for those sd cards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back