Astell&Kern AK380
Mar 11, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #3,948 of 9,040
Received the cu 2 days ago, this is an amazing beauty and the sound is everything i was looking for. I did not expect that different sound to the standard 380 but i learned that it has a more natural and smoother signature with more details, wider soundstage.... expensive but great. 
biggrin.gif

(please, no discussion about new toy syndrome and i know that it has the same internals as the standard 380.....i trust my ears, that´s the only thing i care about....
rolleyes.gif
)

So, my standard 380 + amp is for sale and i´ll post it for a reasonable price on the FS-thread the next days, feel free to pm me about it.

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #3,949 of 9,040
[Mod Comment]

Gents - been getting a few flagged posts regarding the discussion on ripping DSD as being off topic.  I don't want to have to go through pruning posts - it makes things messy, and is very time consuming.

So can I ask the main proponents - please create a separate thread for continued discussion of this topic.  That would leave the AK380 thread clear for discussion of the  ...... AK380 
smile.gif

It would also allow the ones interested in ripping SACD etc a chance to have a more concentrated topic.  Better for both groups.

Thanks

Paul

Mar 11, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #3,950 of 9,040
  Received the cu 2 days ago, this is an amazing beauty and the sound is everything i was looking for. I did not expect that different sound to the standard 380 but i learned that it has a more natural and smoother signature with more details, wider soundstage.... expensive but great. 
biggrin.gif

(please, no discussion about new toy syndrome and i know that it has the same internals as the standard 380.....i trust my ears, that´s the only thing i care about....
rolleyes.gif
)

So, my standard 380 + amp is for sale and i´ll post it for a reasonable price on the FS-thread the next days, feel free to pm me about it.

mmm......380 vs. cu: do you hear difference in the mid-range? In vocals, I hear a more textured vocal. I'm relying on my memory of the ak 380 (which I only had the pleasure of using for a week before switching to the cu).

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #3,951 of 9,040
  mmm......380 vs. cu: do you hear difference in the mid-range? In vocals, I hear a more textured vocal. I'm relying on my memory of the ak 380 (which I only had the pleasure of using for a week before switching to the cu).

It's not even close.....

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,952 of 9,040
Yes, that´s true. Better mid-range, better rendering, more details. The are few things i missed on the standard 380 and the 380cu make these things better, for me it fills the gap to the (for me) perfect DAP. I´m not looking for the cu-amp and with my Layla, i have found my setup.
I´m amazed that my CIEM sound so much better on the cu than on the standard, my Rhines Custom Stage5 comes to new life...

I know, i a few months (or weeks...) there is something new from A&K, but i expect it to be more expensive and i don´t see myself go any further than 380cu. 

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #3,953 of 9,040
  Yes, that´s true. Better mid-range, better rendering, more details. The are few things i missed on the standard 380 and the 380cu make these things better, for me it fills the gap to the (for me) perfect DAP. I´m not looking for the cu-amp and with my Layla, i have found my setup.
I´m amazed that my CIEM sound so much better on the cu than on the standard, my Rhines Custom Stage5 comes to new life...

I know, i a few months (or weeks...) there is something new from A&K, but i expect it to be more expensive and i don´t see myself go any further than 380cu. 

if anything should come out new from ak it should be another amp to at least bring the ak380 to another level

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #3,954 of 9,040
Making the 380 Cu sound better?

Do another half a bottle after spending the evening drinking a bottle of single malt with friends at the bar..........
blink.gif

Sunny Singapore in the morning

Here in Singapore at the moment, manage to get to meet lots of friends for mini meets last few days........Been GREAT FUN!!

My favourite hotel in Singapore, the Grand Hyatt on Scotts Road

Suite life
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #3,957 of 9,040
The copper amp weighs 292 g or 10.3 oz

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #3,959 of 9,040
Making the 380 Cu sound better?

Johny Walker is not a single malt however..Its a blend of various malts and grains

Do another half a bottle after spending the evening drinking a bottle of single malt with friends at the bar..........
blink.gif

Sunny Singapore in the morning

Here in Singapore at the moment, manage to get to meet lots of friends for mini meets last few days........Been GREAT FUN!!

My favourite hotel in Singapore, the Grand Hyatt on Scotts Road

Suite life
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back