Astell&Kern AK380
Jan 28, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #7,756 of 9,041
So I picked this up from Astellnkern.com.......

https://us.astellnkern.com/products/ak380-320-series-glass-screen-protector

I did this last night and like the results, I haven't seen any member mention this but hey...........

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #7,757 of 9,041
Anyone know when we can expect a new version of AKConnect ? when was released the curent version ? 

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #7,758 of 9,041
@Dionysus, thanks for showing the pictures. I particularly liked the side films. I think it will even help with the oxidisation and keep the cu looking good aside from protecting the unit.

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #7,759 of 9,041
@Dionysus, thanks for showing the pictures. I particularly liked the side films. I think it will even help with the oxidisation and keep the cu looking good aside from protecting the unit.

Your welcome, I will tell you that right after I did this, I put the DAP into a brand new Navy AK case and everything turned blue except for the film protected parts. I will report back how long the film protected part wear from oxidation.

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #7,760 of 9,041
Well, I have the very nice Gorilla glass screen protector so I don't need the screen protector but the side film is very nice and I suppose if I apply the side film right after I polish the cu case, it should last much much longer as there is minimum oxygen between the film the case surface.

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #7,761 of 9,041
Wot's the f'ing point in buying a copper 380 and then covering it up in plastic? Let it breath, let it age..

Jan 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #7,762 of 9,041
I got mine gifted sort of traded for an AK300 straight up no money, how could I say no to that. but if I was buying new, I would never have purchased a copper knowing how much maintenance it requires to keep it looking beautiful.  ill do what I want with my f'ing cooper unit, thank you very much.

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #7,763 of 9,041
Well, to me the maintenance issue is over blown. I have my cu unit for about a year and I only polished it two to three times hardly can be regarded as high maintenance. There are people like to keep them polished and there are those that like them oxidised and to each his own but the finish is never a problem for me.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #7,765 of 9,041
Battery test on CU Amp:

At 4 hours continuous playback with screen off and airplane mode, amp is at 52%, DAP is at 61%.

This is playing a mix of 60% 44/16 ALAC and 40% 96/24 ALAC files on low gain, and vol at 64 in balanced mode.

Amp does run cooler on just battery versus being plugged in and trickle charging while playing.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #7,766 of 9,041
Well, to me the maintenance issue is over blown. I have my cu unit for about a year and I only polished it two to three times hardly can be regarded as high maintenance. There are people like to keep them polished and there are those that like them oxidised and to each his own but the finish is never a problem for me.

Mm..from weekly polish (owing to me being OC), it is now once a month. My Aesopica case does a good job of retarding the tarnishing process.

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #7,769 of 9,041
RWA mods for AK380 are purely on the analog side - power and output stage plus better cabling on the balanced out to AK amp.

Unless you have heard otherwise from him, RWA is no longer offering the mod services as of Jan 2017. I also don't know if Mushashi mod has been offered for AK380. Only one I've heard of is for the AK240 and costs about $1K.

So I am grabbing the last chance for rwak380 with amp.

Btw mushashi is mysterious~~~

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #7,770 of 9,041
  So I picked this up from Astellnkern.com.......

https://us.astellnkern.com/products/ak380-320-series-glass-screen-protector

I did this last night and like the results, I haven't seen any member mention this but hey...........

I used to have this with my AK240, but after awhile, the edges of the stickers accumulated a layer of dust and lint that tarnished its appearance. Besides, the sticker was of the matte variety, which dulled the slight sheen on the duralumin surface. As the AK240 was always securely kept in its case, and also in a pouch, I've since removed the side stickers, though I've kept the front and back protectors. I've been thinking of getting these protective layers for my AK380, too. Maybe I might get one when I visit E-Earphone in a week or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back