Astell&Kern AK380
Jan 15, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #3,016 of 9,041
  Finally got to listen to the AK380 Copper. Man oh man... If you already have an AK380 and like it, it is a no-brianer to upgrade to the copper version. The sound so much better, the bass hits even harder and the instrument separation is even better. On my IEMs (Layla, K10 and SE846), straight out from AK380 Copper is clearly better than a normal AK380 with amp. I haven't listened to the copper version with amp yet and I can't imagine - I will try bringing an AK380 amp for audition of the copper again. Anyway, straight out to the Layla, I heard a very significant improvement, an improvement which is much much greater than when I compared AK240 and AK380. IMO, AK380 copper is simply the pinnacle of DAPs and it has left AK380 in dust. Once again, Astell & Kern did it - congratulations to Alex An and all other would-be AK380 copper owners - you are in for a treat and you won't regret if you ditched your AK380 right now. 

Could you be more specific about your impressions/review (Whatever you might want to call it) 

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #3,018 of 9,041
Just received the RWAK380+RWAK380 Amp combination:

And I remember earlier in this thread the discussion on cases this is my solution for travelling:

Working on the burn in now, Vinnie recommended 100 hours before any kind of critical listening. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #3,020 of 9,041
atsmile.gif

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #3,022 of 9,041
First, i'm not big fan of A&K, since i have bad experience with their ak240ss and layla.

However, they produce luxurious daps, and that's why i'm interested in buying ak380Cu. But i cannot right now since i have to wait and see the quality of this unit. loose knob, memory card reading, the sensitive touch etc etc. 

For those who talk about A&K pricing.. it is luxurious brand, so before judging, you should put this in ur mind.

It is like asking why Tom Ford Alligator bag costs 41310 usd, i mean come on it is Tom Ford and it is Alligator.. there are bags out there with 30 USD if not less.. no body force anyone to buy these bags! Although the difference between TF and A&K is that you feel comfortable post purchase with TF, but with A&K you gotta be lucky to be so...

thanks

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #3,023 of 9,041
i did not know u like the xb90ex should i get them my freind u know i am basshead :wink:

Sent you a pm last week when we were discussing the 380, yes, get them. Amazing pair of IEMs, I'm enjoying then very much, going to them before my asg g2. I'd love to hear them on a nice dap, like the AK380. Hopefully soon I'll be adding this to my little collection.

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3,024 of 9,041
Sent you a pm last week when we were discussing the 380, yes, get them. Amazing pair of IEMs, I'm enjoying then very much, going to them before my asg g2. I'd love to hear them on a nice dap, like the AK380. Hopefully soon I'll be adding this to my little collection.

just bought them form ebay they are so cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back