Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread)
Jan 4, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #61 of 256
I've had these since I bought them at the RMAF this year. I absolutely love them. They are my favorite in-ears, largely because they are so comfortable and sound amazing. I also have the SE846, which I love, but the left ear piece failed and they are back at the Shure HQ being fixed. I have never changed the filter or used eq for the 846, but they still hold a special place in my heart. I started with the SE535 and the SE 846 blew me away and were definitely worth the upgrade. As much as I like them, they can never compare comfort-wise to the AK T8ie mkII. The sound is at least as good with the T8.

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #62 of 256

Newly-acquired toy. Had these for a day. Early listening impressions are very good. The two things that are most promiment to me are the upper mids presence and imaging. I hear a bump in the upper mids/lower treble, which lends a good deal of sparkle to cymbals and hi-hats. Female vocals are crystal-clear and captivating too. I don't detect sibilance yet, but more listening is required.

While the soundstage size isn't very large compared to other airy IEMs I've heard (eg. Andromeda, A12, Layla), its precise, razor-sharp imaging is very realistic. Instruments are clearly delineated around my head, and a nice bloomy bass seems to come from the back of my head supporting the music. Veli-veli-naaissss. Is this the Tesla tech in action?

Also goes without saying, comfort and fit are about the best I've had in a universal. I just hope the stock silicon tips will last.

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #63 of 256
@ ezekiel77 : seeing you have heared both the andromeda and the t8ie mkii, how do you compare both ?

I have tried thé andromeda and i absolutely love them in term of sound but they are painfull to wear. Son indépendance like to know if these t8ie mkii delivery the same sont that the andromeda.

Thx (and sorry for my poor english)

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #64 of 256
Great to read ur impression so far 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #65 of 256
@ ezekiel77 : seeing you have heared both the andromeda and the t8ie mkii, how do you compare both ?

I've sold Andromeda, please don't mind me digging up some old impressions. Source is QP1R. Just finished listening to Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours".

Andromeda is neutral and immediate, and has a 'live' feel... you feel like you're in the studio with the musicians. Bass is quick and goes deep, slight midbass bump but decays quickly, very BA-sounding. Mids are clear and uncoloured, male and female vocals sound vivid. Treble is sparkly and not harsh, very good balance between smoothness and detail, one of my favourite treble tunings. Stage-wise, it's big and airy, separation is very good bcos of the faster, thinner notes.

Since I can't a/b I can only compare by memory.

T8iE has a more natural, harder-hitting bass, like a good dynamic driver should. I prefer this one.
Mids are a bit thicker, but equally clear as Andro. Vocals on both are good but T8iE is more emotional.
Treble is sharper, more metallic and 'crispier' than Andro, not as smooth. Might get hot for some.
Soundstage size is smaller, but imaging is very good... Andro pulls ahead in staging for me.

Overall, words I use to describe Andro are airy, spacious, fast, detailed.
For T8iE MkII it's energetic, natural, immersive, fun.

So while they aren't too similar, T8iE is very enjoyable for its own merits. As to why I've sold the Andros, it came down to the BA bass and fit. I'm sort of in a honeymoon period with dynamics and hybrids.

EDIT: I've only had T8iE for a day, so impressions might change over time. Nothing beats listening with your own ears.

Great to read ur impression so far 
biggrin.gif

Hey man! Nice seeing you here.

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #66 of 256
I'm on the market for a pair of T8iE MII's. If anyone wants to move their pair on - please call out! :)

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #67 of 256
I just have got couple days ago Ak t8ie mkII...no earbuds. iems, full size cans can compete with it. It is just the best headphones (50+ majority of which are flagmans) I have ever experienced and probably will...
Light, perfect isolation yet lots of air and amazing highs, all frequences extends really far beyond the ears...Detalization is microscopic yet not getting tired your ears at all!!! They sound smooth and relaxed yet very dynamic and energetic... Sound signature is just fantastic above all expectations. Sound is expensive and really of Hi-end resolution like 16k video or something....The cable is thin and soft, though, provides enough power, clarity and balance over all. The best cable which marry warmth of copper and clarity of silver.

Mine XBA-Z5 are of the same field of sound (like ie800, akg3003\i) but akt8ie mkII hits two steps above everything.  

Every experience with akt8 mkII is a micro-orgasm...it is better than sugar, meat, drugs and games all together...

mine setup is Fiio X7+Alo Rx (Nickel limited iem edition)

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #68 of 256
Mine XBA-Z5 are of the same field of sound (like ie800, akg3003\i) but akt8ie mkII hits two steps above everything.  

Every experience with akt8 mkII is a micro-orgasm...it is better than sugar, meat, drugs and games all together...

So, you like them?

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #70 of 256
What ! The t8ie mkii sound is similar to the Sennheiser ie800 ?
If it is true they may not be for me because the ie800 are to my ears the worst earphone i ever listened to.

IE800 sound bad when you can't get a proper fit and if you don't like the big soundstage, which was my case.
However I enjoy T8iE very much, so do not worry too much about those comparisons.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #71 of 256
Has anyone tried ALO cables on them? Will the MMCX connectors fit?

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #72 of 256
Just ordered a pair of these babies.
They are actually out of stock so i will have to wait.
I hope i will be rewarded by orgasmic listenings.
836 euros (tax+shipping incl.)

I also hope they will pair well with my Fiio X7 and my soon to be delivered Sony NW-A35

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #73 of 256
Has anyone tried ALO cables on them? Will the MMCX connectors fit?

Yes, but...just tried the T8ie mkii with the ALO Litz cable, not a good match on my Cowon P1. I suspect that the cable impedance on the ALO is higher than the stock as it sounded louder and with a greater quantity bass but with less control. Music was Trveor Pinnock's Le Quatro Stagioni, McCartney's Venus and Mars and RR7349 Survive, so a good variety. Now the P1 has a 3 ohm oi so that may be a factor. As always, my ears, my music and (only) my opinion.

Regards,

Giles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back