Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Nov 22, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #3,241 of 3,962
Next SP3000 firmware update is expected to start rolling out Tuesday, November 28 in Korea. North America and Europe should see it late night Monday, 11/27, early Tuesday morning 11/28. I will update if that timetable changes.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Nov 22, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #3,242 of 3,962
Next SP3000 firmware update is expected to start rolling out Tuesday, November 28 in Korea. North America and Europe should see it late night Monday, 11/27, early Tuesday morning 11/28. I will update if that timetable changes.
Thanks for the heads-up! What will be the changes in the next FW?

Will you support Apple Music Classical?

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #3,243 of 3,962
Good afternoon and Happy (Black) Friday:

Listening to my AKSP3000 on Odins right now. Loving the immersion. However, I'm increasingly concerned about how rapidly my battery is draining. I've been listening for about 15 minutes and the battery has drained from 100 to 87 using Tidal Streaming.

This feels too fast - and at this rate I'll definitely not achieve 10h. *There also seems to be a "scanning" loop that doesn't end and I'm unsure how to get this to stop.

Is there a setting or workaround to slow down the drain? I couldn't find a good solve via my search of the forum, but if there's a post/solution please point me there (and apologies for a redundant post.)

Have a great day fellow summitfi-headphoniacs!!!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #3,244 of 3,962
Good afternoon and Happy (Black) Friday:

Listening to my AKSP3000 on Odins right now. Loving the immersion. However, I'm increasingly concerned about how rapidly my battery is draining. I've been listening for about 15 minutes and the battery has drained from 100 to 87 using Tidal Streaming.

This feels too fast - and at this rate I'll definitely not achieve 10h. *There also seems to be a "scanning" loop that doesn't end and I'm unsure how to get this to stop.

Is there a setting or workaround to slow down the drain? I couldn't find a good solve via my search of the forum, but if there's a post/solution please point me there (and apologies for a redundant post.)

Have a great day fellow summitfi-headphoniacs!!!
I think the battery indicator is not the most reliable one. I make the same experience but from 80 or so the indicator drains slower. In the end the SP3000 lasts pretty much as long as advertised for me, I think...

Nov 25, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #3,245 of 3,962
Has anyone compared (saw only one earlier in this thread) this to the Hugo2, using just as a DAC (and streaming or playing files in SP3000's case, would just be using Hugo2 as a DAC) and then relying on another amp to do that part? I know I really liked what I heard at CanJam, but would probably use to store my library, stream and then would hope the awesome imaging, spaciousness and tone of the DAC would be just as good into any of my tube amps. Thinking this mainly because I need more power for the headphones I use (mainly full size dynamic and planars). Also, I seem to prefer a more spacious and atmospheric sound versus the Hugo2's sound. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #3,246 of 3,962
is there a way to turn off the playback buttons and the damn dial? If it’s in my pocket, the volume and buttons are constantly getting pressed. I legitimately might get rid of it for this reason, it destroys the usability.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #3,247 of 3,962
is there a way to turn off the playback buttons and the damn dial? If it’s in my pocket, the volume and buttons are constantly getting pressed. I legitimately might get rid of it for this reason, it destroys the usability.
No .. it’s frustrating. That was pretty much main reason why I gave N30 shot. Silver lining that I’m really happy I did cuz N30 is sound heaven.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #3,248 of 3,962
No .. it’s frustrating. That was pretty much main reason why I gave N30 shot. Silver lining that I’m really happy I did cuz N30 is sound heaven.

I’m debating going with a cheap Hiby + Chord Mojo 2…fingers crossed the upcoming firmware fixes this issue. I adore this thing overall, it’s all I’ve ever wanted in a DAP, but this breaks usability.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:41 PM Post #3,249 of 3,962
Wheel Lock
Press to turn Wheel lock
on/off. When turned on, the volume wheel will be disabled when the screen is locked.

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #3,250 of 3,962
Wheel Lock
Press to turn Wheel lock
on/off. When turned on, the volume wheel will be disabled when the screen is locked.
Wheel never gave me any problems . It’s buttons that getting pushed on it’s own in the pocket.
I’m debating going with a cheap Hiby + Chord Mojo 2…fingers crossed the upcoming firmware fixes this issue. I adore this thing overall, it’s all I’ve ever wanted in a DAP, but this breaks usability.
It’s amazing dap . Hence that’s why I haven’t sold it after getting N30.

Nov 26, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #3,251 of 3,962
Wheel Lock
Press to turn Wheel lock
I can’t find this function, what the heck…

Nevermind, just found it. Need a button lock now too…

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #3,252 of 3,962
I have struggled with this, as well. I feel like the SP3000 is such a big fella, it’s hard not to press the wheel or the side buttons if you are using it in a portable way, going in and out of pockets! I’ve found the included leather case is so soft and supple, as well, that makes the buttons easy to get pushed, inadvertently. I have an A&K SR25, while not as luxurious, in screen, sound and body that is often a much better portable option…just bring the reading glasses!

Nov 26, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #3,253 of 3,962
Wheel Lock
Press to turn Wheel lock
When WHEEL LOCK is turned on, will pressing on the wheel not wake up the player/screen? Bumping the wheel by mistake is a common problem for me. I’ll hafta check this out…

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #3,254 of 3,962
Update day today?

EDIT: Yes- v1.30 contains the really exciting description of “system stabilisation“….

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #3,255 of 3,962

Users who are viewing this thread

Back