Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Aug 1, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #2,731 of 4,078
Hello,

I do need a advice, i have bought astell&kern sp3000 from second hand, i don't have a warranty. Issue i am facing is touch screen: it does work ok for some time but if any oil from fingers smudges stays on a screen it stops responding, if i clean it with the cloth it works (i need to do every minute ir so), it looks like touch screen is super sensitive, not sure if it just random freezing . How can it be fixed if it is possible and how much would it cost. Maybe someone has old firmware file and i could try to roll back from 1.20, seems like issues has started after updating to 1.17 an up? I can't find dex file online
I don't know if that makes sense or does anything, but it doesn't cost anything to try: you have the latest update, right? Have you tried a factory reset? With the PC/MAC and iPhone there are sometimes problems when I only update and never do a factory reset.

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #2,732 of 4,078
Hello,

I do need a advice, i have bought astell&kern sp3000 from second hand, i don't have a warranty. Issue i am facing is touch screen: it does work ok for some time but if any oil from fingers smudges stays on a screen it stops responding, if i clean it with the cloth it works (i need to do every minute ir so), it looks like touch screen is super sensitive, not sure if it just random freezing . How can it be fixed if it is possible and how much would it cost. Maybe someone has old firmware file and i could try to roll back from 1.20, seems like issues has started after updating to 1.17 an up? I can't find dex file online
SP3000s release date is not even a year behind so no device can be older than that. Why don't you have warranty?

Aug 1, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #2,733 of 4,078
I don't know if that makes sense or does anything, but it doesn't cost anything to try: you have the latest update, right? Have you tried a factory reset? With the PC/MAC and iPhone there are sometimes problems when I only update and never do a factory reset.
Hey, i have tried factory reset and running v1.20. I have updated via wifi. Looking for the firmware files online but there is no joy :frowning2:

Aug 1, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #2,735 of 4,078
My new SP3000 companion.

PXL_20230802_001340698.PORTRAIT.jpg

Aug 1, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #2,736 of 4,078
I tried to pair the DAP device with the TV via Bluetooth, but the sound slips a lot, it's not enjoyable. have you experienced this too? Is there any solution for it?
Might be a problem with your TV's Bluetooth. My Samsung S95C supports Bluetooth v5.2 and works quite well with SP3000, although the codec used is only SBC.

I haven't experienced any audio sync issues.....yet

Aug 2, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #2,738 of 4,078
How does it improve the sound of the SP3k? Which lineout level do you use?
I chose the voltage output for balanced settings of 2.5V, and then experimented with both volume adjustment and fixed LO output.

Aug 2, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #2,741 of 4,078
Just an fyi: sp3000 from Bloom Audio, used Abyss Diana v2 from a friend.

Couldn’t be happier! Dap works perfectly, headphones are amazing and Bloom Audio was a pleasure to deal with.

One happy camper :)
I wonder how the SP3k performs with the DTC

Aug 2, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #2,742 of 4,078
Aug 3, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #2,744 of 4,078
Hi all, I am considering buying another SP3000 after I sold my first unit a while back.
The main point of attraction for me is its stellar Roon capability- how stable (or not) are people finding Roon Arc to be on the device? Many thanks in advance!

Any news on when Android's resampling will be circumvented to allow for lossless playback?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #2,745 of 4,078
I've got a nasty ear infection which has stopped me from moving forward finishing off my review and as I know, based on some of my communication to friends on FB, they like to know how I feel about SP3000 compared to other dap.
In short, without going into detail, for my IEM usage, SP3000 is the best choice among the other three(N8ii, RS8 and LP6 Gold). It is the more refined, tastefully coloured out of them all. It extracts detail, without ever sounding harsh, the microdetail extraction blends perfectly with the overall sound. It is perfectly quiet, with zero background noise, UI is just okay to do what is needed.
On paper, SP3K offers fewer bells and whistles compared to its competitor, yet it is able to deliver where it counts, the sound. If I didn't have the other DAP, I would have bought a unit of SP3K for personal usage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back