Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Nov 2, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #811 of 4,129
I’m having screen issues with my iBasso DX 320. I’m tempted to upgrade to the SP3000. What do you guys think? I’m not worried about the price difference.
Its a major go IMO! UI has been improved, sq is top-tier, build quality is sexy. For DAPs available now, it would be that or the Cayin N8ii IMO. Wait for others to chime in that have tested a lot of daps, I am not the only one that has cycled through a pile of DAPs.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #813 of 4,129
I’m having screen issues with my iBasso DX 320. I’m tempted to upgrade to the SP3000. What do you guys think? I’m not worried about the price difference.
The Hiby RS8 is to be released soon but I have a preference for the A&K house sound. The SP3000 is all that and a bag of top tier chips.👍

Nov 2, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #814 of 4,129
A couple pages ago, some people wasn’t happy with Sp3k touch screen either. My 2 cents is that these stuff happens regardless of brands. It depends on which one you would rather be happy with. Ultimately, I would think the sound signature is what matter, and you should try it out. As far as customer support go here, you are not going to have your emails responded in the manner that Ibasso do.

Nov 2, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #815 of 4,129
The Hiby RS8 is to be released soon but I have a preference for the A&K house sound. The SP3000 is all that and a bag of top tier chips.👍
A couple pages ago, some people wasn’t happy with Sp3k touch screen either. My 2 cents is that these stuff happens regardless of brands. It depends on which one you would rather be happy with. Ultimately, I would think the sound signature is what matter, and you should try it out. As far as customer support go here, you are not going to have your emails responded in the manner that Ibasso do.
I’ve never had issues with A&K customer support and instead of sending them an email the best way is to get them on the phone. They’ve always been available whenever I called. They were top notch.

Nov 2, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #816 of 4,129
I’ve never had issues with A&K customer support and instead of sending them an email the best way is to get them on the phone. They’ve always been available whenever I called. They were top notch.
Thanks for clarification, I never called them on the phone!! That is an amazing news and absolutely good to know. Sony phones is the most horrid way to do so LOL!!! Most of the time they don’t know what is what

Nov 2, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #817 of 4,129
delete

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #818 of 4,129
if you have such an option, try it before you buy it
Otherwise - if you like the AK signature (airiness, at least how I'd describe it in one word) then yes. If you prefer warmth, then...Hiby, I guess? Or Cayin, I think they announced recently/plan to announce their next flagship DAP as well.
Then again, there is L&P option as well

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #819 of 4,129
if you have such an option, try it before you buy it
Otherwise - if you like the AK signature (airiness, at least how I'd describe it in one word) then yes. If you prefer warmth, then...Hiby, I guess? Or Cayin, I think they announced recently/plan to announce their next flagship DAP as well.
Then again, there is L&P option as well
To my ears the SP3K has warmth. It‘s predecessor to me wasn’t as warm.

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #820 of 4,129
Mmmaybe. I'd say it has darker background which helps with revealing the instruments and separating them, while not being bright. This consequently makes SP3k more relaxed than SP2k, similar to the difference between SP2k and SP1k, but on a bigger scale actually. Which can be also interpreted as SP3k being warmer than SP2k.

But still, when I was saying warmer/airiness I was talking in comparison to DAPS with tube amplification, not the previous model, so I wouldn't call SP3k warm. Even within AK lineup, you can compare to SP2kT in tube mode

Nov 2, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #821 of 4,129
Same thoughts. That's why I held on at the moment as I felt that synergy of the SP3000 with my current IEMs is not that good despite it's better technicalities. The warm sound gets abit too much. Hopefully, the next edition of sp3000 brings the player to be more neutral sounding.

Nov 2, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #822 of 4,129
Hi @JasonNYC , there is a Login via Facebook authentication issue when trying to log into Spotify via the embedded app. Hope the team can look into it. Cheers!

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #825 of 4,129
I have side loaded the Tidal app, as opposed to the pre-installed, but I want to check how I keep Tidal up to date. Do you know if update notifications will appear on screen or do you have to check yourself manually?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back