Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Oct 7, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #181 of 4,126
I went with black myself, while most seem to have gone with silver. Any reason why folks seem to like one over the other outside of personal preference?

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #182 of 4,126
I went with black myself, while most seem to have gone with silver. Any reason why folks seem to like one over the other outside of personal preference?

The silver one looks awesome. I tried to take a pic but the lighting wasn’t great at the dealer, but its super shiny and blingy. If they had the silver in stock, I probably would’ve gone for it. But I’m happy with the black. It’s also really shiny but looks a little bit plainer.

C0D99FE8-B80A-4A2D-A2C8-C26A440C1326.jpeg

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #183 of 4,126
Ah, excellent. Less shiny & blingy=win for me personally

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #185 of 4,126
They both have the same green colour case so I suppose we won’t see much of the actual body anyway haha

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #186 of 4,126
I ponder to wonder how the SP3K would pair with Abyss headphones?🤔 Anybody gonna try any Abyss pairings other than the 1266 because I don’t think the 1266 would work well.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #187 of 4,126
New Hiby Rs-8 has a screw on back and a replaceable battery
Congrats
New Hiby Rs-8 has a screw on back and a replaceable battery

Well done Hiby! You've set an admirable example to put an end to an unsustainable and unfair practice.

So I pledge that when I buy my next TOTL DAP, whether it be A&K, Sony, Cayin, Hiby, iBasso, Shanling, Lotoo, Cowon, L&P or whichever, that if it isn't with user replaceable batteries I won't buy it! Anybody care to join me?

Oct 7, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #188 of 4,126
Congrats

Well done Hiby! You've set an admirable example to put an end to an unsustainable and unfair practice.

So I pledge that when I buy my next TOTL DAP, whether it be A&K, Sony, Cayin, Hiby, iBasso, Shanling, Lotoo, Cowon, L&P or whichever, that if it isn't with user replaceable batteries I won't buy it! Anybody care to join me?
TBH, I really don’t care.

Oct 7, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #189 of 4,126
The silver one looks awesome. I tried to take a pic but the lighting wasn’t great at the dealer, but its super shiny and blingy. If they had the silver in stock, I probably would’ve gone for it. But I’m happy with the black. It’s also really shiny but looks a little bit plainer.

C0D99FE8-B80A-4A2D-A2C8-C26A440C1326.jpeg
The silver is 🔥 and I hope I don’t have to wait too long for mine but you’d think A&K would have anticipated more people would want that finish.

Oct 7, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #190 of 4,126
The silver is 🔥 and I hope I don’t have to wait too long for mine but you’d think A&K would have anticipated more people would want that finish.
I think some people might be concerned how the DLC finish will hold up on the black version hence the popularity of the silver

Oct 7, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #192 of 4,126
The Black it's a PVD-Coating, so pretty resistent to scratches I think..
My apologies assuming DLC. PVD is pretty resistant to scratches but can be venerable to wear on corners and sharp edges (my experience with PVD coated wrist watches).

The problem being that PVD is almost impossible to refinish and if the scratch or wear goes through to the base metal then it will be very noticeable.

Of course, keeping the case on is the best answer.

Oct 7, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #193 of 4,126
Congrats

The SP3000 forum is not for you. You will find solace on the Hiby forum. Stay here for the sound.

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #194 of 4,126
I ponder to wonder how the SP3K would pair with Abyss headphones?🤔 Anybody gonna try any Abyss pairings other than the 1266 because I don’t think the 1266 would work well.

SP3000 is only for Over Ears with a Sensitivity of 100db/mw and above❗

NOMAX

PS.lol

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #195 of 4,126
The SP3000 forum is not for you. You will find solace on the Hiby forum. Stay here for the sound.

The SP3000 forum is for everybody and for everything related to SP3K, it's not limited to your invites and not limited to sound. I'm here for the sound AND for everything else, and I'm also on the Hiby RS8 and Cayin N8ii, all forums are open to everybody and for all, different reasons, most importantly sound but not just, so don't pontificate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back