ASIO4All Explanation
Apr 11, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #346 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It tells Windows that it can't play 48 kHz and with good reason for it as well. It simply can't you see. It's a 44.1 kHz DAC.
smily_headphones1.gif

Then Windows is very stupid. Your DAC already tells Windows that it does not support 48kHz. Windows should resample 48kHz to 44.1kHz for your DAC, instead of resampling 44.1kHz to 48kHz and causing your DAC to output no sound at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #347 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then Windows is very stupid. Your DAC already tells Windows that it does not support 48kHz. Windows should resample 48kHz to 44.1kHz for your DAC, instead of resampling 44.1kHz to 48kHz and causing your DAC to output no sound at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, not that stupid actually. The DAC was made way before Windows was made. Not saying that the kmixer was a great invention, but it does explain why they didn't care about such things. Almost every newer DAC does support both 44.1 and 48.

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #349 of 479
Hi,

I'm trying to get my HagUsb working with the USB-AUDIO drivers in Foobar2000.

I've installed it and chosen "DS: AudioDevice on USB Bus" as the output device, and all I can hear is the 20 second beeping of the unregistered drivers. When I press play in Foobar2000, the file doesn't play.

If I use the ASIO4ALL drivers, everything works fine.

Operating system is Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #352 of 479
I just installed Winamp and the volume is louder than both Foobar and Mediamonkey. Weird, also Winamp and Mediamonkey both use the exact same plugin. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It was not reading the volume leveling, needed to turn that option on.

May 1, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #354 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't seem to find anything on this, but does asio4all work in windows vista 64 bit?

I haven't got a clue and since I haven't got a 64 bit Vista machine at hand right now I can't find it out straight away.

Why don't you try it yourself and see if it works?

P.S. I would like to say that I don't see any need for ASIO4All to achieve better sound quality in Windows Vista.

May 19, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #355 of 479
I just installed ASIO4ALL and Foobar2000.

I got it setup right i think, however when i play music and open up the ASIO4ALL settings, the DAC shows up with a red X on it. However, when i stop the music and look, its green. Is this normal?

May 20, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #356 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just installed ASIO4ALL and Foobar2000.

I got it setup right i think, however when i play music and open up the ASIO4ALL settings, the DAC shows up with a red X on it. However, when i stop the music and look, its green. Is this normal?

Yes, it's normal. I am not sure which version you are using, but they said they fixed that bug in the newest version.

May 20, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #357 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it's normal. I am not sure which version you are using, but they said they fixed that bug in the newest version.

Ahh, yes its in the beta version, i didnt use the beta. If it still working i guess its ok for now. I will wait till the beta comes out in final version.

However as long as it plays its working correct?

May 20, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #358 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, yes its in the beta version, i didnt use the beta. If it still working i guess its ok for now. I will wait till the beta comes out in final version.

However as long as it plays its working correct?

Yes, most likely it is. As long as you followed the guide and you hear music I think you are just fine.

May 21, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #359 of 479
Should the volume control in foobar be disabled/not function if ASIO is setup correctly? I believe I have followed all of the steps in setting up my X-fi for foobar ASIO, but the volume control still works - and unless this is adjusting the overall system volume, doesn't this mean that the sound is still passing through the Kmixer?

I generally use Winamp for ASIO, and there my volume control is disabled.

Thanks in advance for any guidance/answers you can provide.

May 21, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #360 of 479
i think the volume control should work in foobar but not in the windows volume control panel, this means you bypassing the kmixer. I could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back