ASIO4All Explanation
Mar 17, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #316 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is working correct. You shouldn't be able to adjust the volume with the 'wave' slider, but the master volume should still be working.

I suppose I should edit that.
wink.gif

Yes the wave slider is maximized, can't adjust the volume with it anymore. The bypass is working. Thanks for the Help Enoyin, i really appreciate.

Using X-fi Platinum, bit-matched playback, 0 effects, 0 EQ, ASIO protocol, lossless (1st copy from Original CD), AKG k701. My first impression on the K701's is confirmed , they need an amp and maybe cables for better bass. but midrange and treble are godly.

Mar 17, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #317 of 479
I downloaded AISO4ALL and am using it with Winamp. I notice a lot more 'skipping' or stuttering in playback when using AISO4All than the default. When Winamp is the only application running or when I am checking email or surfing it seems to happen. With email and browsing the stuttering occurs when I open a program, send/receive mail or change web pages. With just Winamp running I still experience this when the screen saver mode goes on. Any suggestions??

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #318 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by dandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I downloaded AISO4ALL and am using it with Winamp. I notice a lot more 'skipping' or stuttering in playback when using AISO4All than the default. When Winamp is the only application running or when I am checking email or surfing it seems to happen. With email and browsing the stuttering occurs when I open a program, send/receive mail or change web pages. With just Winamp running I still experience this when the screen saver mode goes on. Any suggestions??

Yup. Buy a Mac or get linux. There is some problem with Windows which causes your network adapter to influence the output signal of several devices. (including USB devices and sound cards)

Mar 17, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #319 of 479
Hummm??!!
I like the perceived difference in SQ from ASIO4all but, most likely, will not be going Mac or linux. Is there an alternative audio drive offering a superior SQ? I might just have to live with the stuttering
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #320 of 479
EnOYin: I am using j river with a usb benchmark dac. I tried d/l-ing asio4all, followed the 9 page documentation but can't seem to get it to work. I get an error diagnostic saying 'direct show filters not available...'or something like that. Can you help me with this?

Mar 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #321 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by ted betley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EnOYin: I am using j river with a usb benchmark dac. I tried d/l-ing asio4all, followed the 9 page documentation but can't seem to get it to work. I get an error diagnostic saying 'direct show filters not available...'or something like that. Can you help me with this?

For as far as I know the Benchmark DAC1 is an exception on the rule. It will output bitperfect when using DS. To be sure about this you should read the huge DAC1 thread or PM Elias.

Mar 27, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #323 of 479
Quote:

I've been following this (and several other) threads regarding use of Winamp with X-Fi Extreme Music. I too had the stuttering weirdness with ASIO4All, so I switched to Kernel Streaming, which works fine.

However, I'm still able to get windows sounds during playback, (IE the 'ding' when adjusting volume from the taskbar) and a DTS audio file I downloaded plays as static. How can I be sure this is working, or have I done something wrong?
Does anyone have a link to how to make bit perfect work with an X-Fi Extreme Music? Or is it working already and how do I test?

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #325 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by EBisky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ASIO support is so easy with foobar and foobar is a superior player. Why use Winamp?? Upgrade!

-E

This really isn't what I asked.
Actually, I'd prefer to continue using WMP, but it apparently cannot output 'bit perfect'.

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #326 of 479
Well, we have to use WMP to load the kid's Verizon cell phones with music, so I moved the darn PC out of my theater room and to my son's room. I am not going to bother cr*ppy PC's with ASIO4ALL and foobar and my PICO to DV336i, but will just keep using the iBook and Macbook to feed the PICO and DV336i instead, since they work like they should.

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #327 of 479
Well, again, this really isn't what I asked. I'm sure the Mac OS works great for some, but it's worthless for what I mostly do with computers (Gaming, etc.) I'm trying to test my current setup for 'bit perfect' output, and if it isn't there, any suggestions on how to configure my current setup for Bit Perfect output.
I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music, with the I/O box. Winamp, and the Kernel Streaming plug-in.
I do not want Foobar, because I already have other of hobbies outside of spending hours on chatboards trying to configure media players.
I hope this doesn't come off wrong, it's just that I've spent much of the last week searching here and elsewhere for a solution.
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #328 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, again, this really isn't what I asked. I'm sure the Mac OS works great for some, but it's worthless for what I mostly do with computers (Gaming, etc.) I'm trying to test my current setup for 'bit perfect' output, and if it isn't there, any suggestions on how to configure my current setup for Bit Perfect output.
I have an X-Fi Xtreme Music, with the I/O box. Winamp, and the Kernel Streaming plug-in.
I do not want Foobar, because I already have other of hobbies outside of spending hours on chatboards trying to configure media players.
I hope this doesn't come off wrong, it's just that I've spent much of the last week searching here and elsewhere for a solution.
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, I am just saying I'm giving up trying to get WMP to sound good, and staying with Mac - meaning I won't be able to help. Not saying Mac is your solution, it was mine...

Mar 29, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #329 of 479
Firstly thanks to Enoyin for a great OP I vote for a sticky.
I have just switched to Foobar 2000 with AISO4ALL.
I still need Winamp, or another media player, to play streaming audio I think. Is it possible to stream audio say from radio stations with Winamp with ASIO4ALL I am getting a high speed fast forward playback when trying to use Winamp and ASIO4ALL.

Mar 29, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #330 of 479
Quote:

I have just switched to Foobar 2000 with AISO4ALL.
I still need Winamp, or another media player, to play streaming audio I think.

Foobar plays MP3, OGG, and AAC radio links on my page fine.
http://radiobit.50webs.com/

Both Winamp and Foobar can not play all the WMA or RA radio links. I need WMP and RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back