ASIO4All Explanation
Mar 4, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #301 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I should not change the links. Otherwise those who do not use foobar won't be able to play in WMP.

So is there a way to setup foobar to play the WMA internet radio links?
http://radiobit.50webs.com/

Well, yes and no. If you are asking whether Foobar supports the mms:// protocol then the answer would be no I'm afraid. If you are asking whether you can play radio stations in Foobar then the answer would be yes.

As long as there is a direct location from which you can stream you can add it in Foobar. (add location --> add the url there)

An example of an URL that will work in Foobar is:
http://kexp-mp3-128k.cac.washington.edu:8000/

Sadly this is a 128kbps link for mp3. The wma links for this radio station are using the mms:// protocol which you can not play in Foobar.
frown.gif

There is however another way to get these streams to play in Foobar which is to rip the original streams with something like the stream ripper and then convert them to a protocol/ file format which Foobar can play. Quite the hassle though.

This is getting a bit off-topic for this topic btw.

Edit: Note the beginning of the URL. It is using the http:// protocol.

Mar 5, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #302 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There must be some kind of volume slider in Windows somewhere which isn't maxed. I can't think of anything else to be honest.

Well that was my first thought, but ASIO took total control, the system volume has been disabled. ANd on foobar the volume is maxed.

Mar 5, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #303 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by STONER1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that was my first thought, but ASIO took total control, the system volume has been disabled. ANd on foobar the volume is maxed.

One of the system volume sliders should still work. The main volume slider that is. The wave slider should indeed be disabled.

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #304 of 479
Ill try reinstalling asio and posting a pic of what the main vol and other sliders look like. I dont disagree that I should still have vol. control within the system settings. Ill play around with it.

Mar 8, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #305 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by STONER1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ill try reinstalling asio and posting a pic of what the main vol and other sliders look like. I dont disagree that I should still have vol. control within the system settings. Ill play around with it.

Should. I'm not saying that you actually do when you say you don't.
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #306 of 479
With respect to asio drivers with foobar and a benchmark usb dac, EnOYin, are you saying that one doesn't need the asio drivers? I tried to d/l the asio drivers and while they show in components, they do not show in preferences. So I don't know if foobar is optimized or not. Is it? BTW I really enjoy your posts, I have learned alot from you, thanks!!

Mar 9, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #307 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by ted betley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With respect to asio drivers with foobar and a benchmark usb dac, EnOYin, are you saying that one doesn't need the asio drivers? I tried to d/l the asio drivers and while they show in components, they do not show in preferences. So I don't know if foobar is optimized or not. Is it?

For as far as I know the Benchmark DAC1 can have a bit-perfect output without ASIO. You can just use DS for it. However, I am not an expert on the matter so I think you should try asking EliasGwinn to be sure about it.

What version of Foobar are you using and which version of the ASIO plug-in are you using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted betley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW I really enjoy your posts, I have learned alot from you, thanks!!

Thanks. You are welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #308 of 479
Hi EnOYin. I have foobar 0.9.5.1. ASIO is 1.2.6. I believe that wmp11 sounds better than foobar which is counter to many other reports. So I conclude foobar is not set up correct especially wrt asio.

Mar 13, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #309 of 479
Hi Guys!

First, let me thank you and congratulate you for this great tutorial!

Second, I was trying to follow all of your steps, and I did everything. Everything seemed perfect, but when I got back to Foobar to play a music, there was no sound at all!

I have the latest version of foobar, and according to ASIO, my sound card is Conexant HDA-Venice 5045.

Do you have a clue about what's happening?

Cheers!

Mar 14, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #310 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second, I was trying to follow all of your steps, and I did everything. Everything seemed perfect, but when I got back to Foobar to play a music, there was no sound at all!

Try enable Hardware Buffer.

Mar 16, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #311 of 479
I installed the ASIO output plugin 0.67 for winamp. My sound card is a Creative X-fi Platinum so it supports ASIO and i don't need ASIO4All. I then double clicked on the plugin in the list of preferences and chose "Creative ASIO".

I can't adjust the volume in winamp anymore, but i can still adjust the volume in windows. I guess it doesn't bypass the K-mixer as it normally should.

Can anyone help me on this ?

EDIT : Apparently bit-matched playback in creative X-fi does the same as ASIO. What should i use ?

Mar 16, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #314 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not both? I suppose bit-matched mode needs the output driver to be selected as well.

'bout bit-matched mode - Creative Labs Europe Knowledge Base - Customer Support KnowledgeBase, Troubleshooting, and Technical Articles

jiitee

Thanks Jiiteepee , i will use both

HELP !

I tried Both Creative's ASIO and ASIO4all with output plugin 0.67 and 0.70 for Winamp. The explanation says that the windows volume slider shouldn't work anymore. Winamp's volume is maximized but i can still adjust the master volume in control panel..

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #315 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HELP !

I tried Both Creative's ASIO and ASIO4all with output plugin 0.67 and 0.70 for Winamp. The explanation says that the windows volume slider shouldn't work anymore. Winamp's volume is maximized but i can still adjust the master volume in control panel..

It is working correct. You shouldn't be able to adjust the volume with the 'wave' slider, but the master volume should still be working.

I suppose I should edit that.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back