ASIO4All Explanation
Feb 3, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #257 of 479
Hi,

Need Help!!!

i just received my pico few days ago but i am having hard time to set it up with asio, i dont know whats the problem!

i have foobar 9.5 with asio 2.8 downloaded form asio4all website. i followed all the steps explained on the 1st page of this thread but duno wats the problem. foobar and asio both are installed properly but In the foobar/preferences/output menu there is no any tab of Asio virtual devices so i canot access Asio virtual device editor. In the output device menu there are only four options coming:

Null Output
Primary Audio Driver
soundmax HD audio
Usb audio Dac

help is highly appreciated!

thanks,

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #258 of 479
I did the same thing as you before (only dled the asio driver), you need to download the asio4all v2 program. After installing it, it will show up in foobar.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #261 of 479
bit perfect output from ALC889A; thank you.

Feb 4, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #262 of 479
Feb 4, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #263 of 479
Enoyin- Since I got my Pico, I have that hooked up to the HD650s, and left my TBAAM connected to the audio in for my TV. To make things simpler I have foobar dedicated to the pico/hd650 and winamp for my "speakers". I've tried to configure the asio plug-in to work with both enabled but when I set it up in winamp no sound goes through. Also the second link you have for the asio plug in for winamp leads to a post about a sony DAP, i'm assuming this is a side effect from the downtime for head fi from the fall.

nevermind: it looks like asio is against more than 1 device enabled at once. This may be slightly annoying as the plug in will need to be reenabled in both whenever I switch. The other alternative is to run everything through the pico...but is it good to constantly plug in and remove alternating between my "speakers" and the hd650s.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #264 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jterp7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also the second link you have for the asio plug in for winamp leads to a post about a sony DAP, i'm assuming this is a side effect from the downtime for head fi from the fall.

Ai...

Yeah, I suppose that's the downtime indeed. It'll take some time to find that post.
frown.gif

Quote:

nevermind: it looks like asio is against more than 1 device enabled at once.

That is correct. Both the advantage and disadvantage of ASIO.

Quote:

This may be slightly annoying as the plug in will need to be reenabled in both whenever I switch. The other alternative is to run everything through the pico...but is it good to constantly plug in and remove alternating between my "speakers" and the hd650s.

I am using a autohotkey script to switch between audio output devices. Works quite well if you ask me.

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #265 of 479
alright What..now my winamp using asio skips now and then..and it seems directly related to me doing other things, nothing intensive, even surfing the web seems to cause it to skip...foobar didn't do this..are there other settings i'm supposed to change?

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #266 of 479
Quote:

alright What..now my winamp using asio skips now and then..and it seems directly related to me doing other things, nothing intensive, even surfing the web seems to cause it to skip...foobar didn't do this..are there other settings i'm supposed to change?

Hmm... those issues comes mostly from too low latency settings / priorities (have you set priority to background services) but, are you sure TBAAM WDM drivers are 'fully' KS compatible? You can check this by selecting Kernel Streaming output mode.

jiitee

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #267 of 479
perhaps..but I think i'll just stick with foobar and change the settings there. I don't think its the TBAAM since it has never skipped in foobar

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #268 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... those issues comes mostly from too low latency settings / priorities (have you set priority to background services) but, are you sure TBAAM WDM drivers are 'fully' KS compatible? You can check this by selecting Kernel Streaming output mode.

jiitee

Should it prio to background services or not? Ty

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #270 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, background services.

jiitee

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back