ASIO4All Explanation
Jan 10, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #241 of 479
wait....
ARRRRGHHHH !!!! NO!!!
I forgot: I have the vista crackle/ noise problem. When I don't use ASIO I get sometimes white noise first in one channel, and then the other. If I use Asio I get a constant crackle type of sound.
And to think I was trying to bulid a computer rig. Now i'll have to spend even more money just to get a CD player. I hate you head-fi!!!

Jan 10, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #242 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by gallardo88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait....
ARRRRGHHHH !!!! NO!!!
I forgot: I have the vista crackle/ noise problem. When I don't use ASIO I get sometimes white noise first in one channel, and then the other. If I use Asio I get a constant crackle type of sound.
And to think I was trying to bulid a computer rig. Now i'll have to spend even more money just to get a CD player. I hate you head-fi!!!

Before doing that you can always check this post first. There are some suggestions of what you can do about cracks etc.

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #243 of 479
i tried doing the things listed and it didn't change much...
frown.gif

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #244 of 479
Maybe it's a huge placebo, but I noticed a huge increase in detail and clarity.

I had problems getting it to work at first in Winamp, so I'm afraid to go back and AB test it but damn I hear things I thought even mics couldn't pick up! (also do to source and amp upgrade)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should make a part about this in the first post. ASIO just doesn't change that much soundwise in Vista.

Hmm that's odd because I am using Vista.

Now I am going to go back to my notes and music, once my amp warms up, and make sure what I hear is real.

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #245 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe it's a huge placebo, but I noticed a huge increase in detail and clarity.

I had problems getting it to work at first in Winamp, so I'm afraid to go back and AB test it but damn I hear things I thought even mics couldn't pick up! (also do to source and amp upgrade)

The difference in XP shouldn't be huge. Maybe there are some other settings you should look at in Vista. For as far as I know the difference between using Vistas normal audio architecture and ASIO shouldn't be audible.

Quote:

Hmm that's odd because I am using Vista.

Now I am going to go back to my notes and music, once my amp warms up, and make sure what I hear is real.

It could be placebo. But if the differences are really that huge I doubt it. Like I said before, it might be some other setting somewhere. It still is Windows after all. (meaning that there are 10 buttons and sliders which do the exact same thing and because of it you might miss one
tongue.gif
)

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #246 of 479
It could also be a new album I used to listen to it with- Nirvana Unplugged. (first time on new rig).

Which naturally has crazy detail! I can hear whispers, people talking, stools creaking, light breaths, individual claps, fingers going across guitar strings/ ext.

I uninstalled the old plugins so I can't test it unless I reinstall. Also all other media players aren't working anymore for some reason?

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #247 of 479
Quote:

It could also be a new album I used to listen to it with- Nirvana Unplugged. (first time on new rig).

Which naturally has crazy detail! I can hear whispers, people talking, stools creaking, light breaths, individual claps, fingers going across guitar strings/ ext.

Might just be it. It's a good album indeed.

Quote:

I uninstalled the old plugins so I can't test it unless I reinstall. Also all other media players aren't working anymore for some reason?

Erhm. I think you should try a restart. Seems like ASIO is still working.

Jan 13, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #248 of 479
Just want to say thanks. Followed the steps, and the music is definitely coming across more defined and even positioning and layer has improved on my AC97 crap card. I am not sure if that's what this ASIO4ALL is suppose to do, but it sure feels this way! THanks!

Jan 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #250 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmh1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is stated in this thread that ASIO4ALL will not do 24/96:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/as...o-work-284443/

Is this the case? Jon L says he tried to contact the author and got no response. Any light you can shed on this?

For as far as I know this is indeed the case. I have never been able to get that to work anyway. I will look in to it some more.

Jan 31, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #252 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by asainz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just received an iBasso D1 and I was having problems using windows xp+foobar+asio4all (last versions): random little stops in the sounds, glitches .... I configured asio4all using your guide and for now (listening in this moment) everything is solved!

Thank you very, very much!!!

You are welcome.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #253 of 479
why isn't this stickied?!
this would have been fantastic to have impletmented when i first got my laptop.

only thing is that i get some clicks now during playback through winamp
frown.gif

i'm on a d630. hopefully it'll improve some more when i get my hippohifi
biggrin.gif

bass on my a900 has imporved soo much, thought i had wasted my money on some bass aniemic phones! i was about to sell it off for some beyer's until i started using asio.

thank you , thankyou, thank you!!!

edit2: im' running xp also

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #255 of 479
i've heard otachan's winamp plugin is much better, but gapless doesn't work with it enabled :\ also how do i set the buffer size to 2000 ms? one of my plugins requires it. do i take the sample rate * asio4all's buffered samples * buffer settings in out_asio?

and what is direct input monitor, convert 1ch-2ch, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back