ASIO Stutter
Nov 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

OICWUTUDIDTHAR

Aka: DroppingDimes; trapper1, OGKoosh, kappachino, Yajirobe1
Rude and abusive
I am using foobar and when I have I am using ASIO whenever I go to play a new song there is a bit off a stutter for the first 1-2 seconds of the song and the beginning audio is cut off. It only happens when in asio, what is the problem?

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #3 of 9
file -preferences-playback-output- experiment with lower buffer lengths

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 9
Don't use ASIO with foobar, it is intended for professional purposes and often the drivers will have some issues. Instead, use WASAPI.

There is no sonic advantage to using ASIO over Direct Sound or WASAPI, only use those modes if you are experiencing stuttering audio with DS, which is caused by DS not running in exclusive mode.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #6 of 9
I like ASIO though because it switches between 16/44.1 to 24/96 depending on the file im playing.

I tried the WASAPI and it doesn't do that. Also is it suppose to be set to event or push?

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 9
I like ASIO though because it switches between 16/44.1 to 24/96 depending on the file im playing.

I tried the WASAPI and it doesn't do that. Also is it suppose to be set to event or push?

WASAPI certainly does do this. I just tried playing a 24/96 file with WASAPI through my FiiO and the sampling rate changed before my eyes on the DAC's screen.
As for event vs push - just try both and see with one works better. Push mode tends to be more compatible with USB DACs.

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 9
Some ASIO drivers can be buggy what sound card do you use?What ASIO compont do you have in foobar 2000 the news one is 2. 1. 2 foo_out_asio In my set up I can use ASIO ,WASAPI (event) or KS with Musiland Monitor 02 US without any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back