Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Mar 5, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #1,921 of 2,994
  Only those people who had written great pop music we'll call them professional musicians and they rarely keep on telling people they are professional musicians. 
Thanks to these professional musicians. It's time to enjoy their great music again....
L3000.gif

I was simply trying to explain to you how and why professional musicians think differently and why they have to be more picky than the average listener.

And no, you're wrong in your assertion that only those who wrote great pop songs can be called professional musicians. Pop songs is merely one segment of the entire art form of music, and the kind of mainstream pop Chinese ballad you love so much from decades ago is widely considered songs that appeal to the lowest common denominator. That is what mainstream pop is, and that is why many serious music lovers and critics don't take mainstream pop seriously. Outside of mainstream pop, there is plenty of great music in other genres, and there are accomplished music professionals who never wrote a single pop song. 

I'm okay with your insult, since I was the one who expressed displeasure at you first, for spamming this thread with the same old Chinese mainstream pop ballads nonstop. But it is turning out to be a pointless debate because I'm not going to change your mind, and you obviously can't change mine. So let's just live and let live. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #1,922 of 2,994
Insult???? So funny!
etysmile.gif

I always appreciate those great music writers (people call them professional musicians) who have contributed in the music industry AND REALLY brought us the good music all the time. Like most people, I don't care what the music type is. Any music which can touch my heart is good enough. I don't need anything new or special or interesting or any story behind. I always respect the others. I never intend to change anyone's mind set because I understand that each people has his/her own preference. I never said anything bad on the other music genres, only there's a "Professional musician" here keep on telling people how bad the Chinese music are.

Oh yeah! If someone who do not like mainstream music is a serious music lover, then I should be a simple or low-level music lover. But I don't care this stupid classification. Just like the music. I don't care what the genre is and I don't need any so called professional musician to teach me what music should be listened.

This is an Asian music thread, open for ANYONE to post the Asian music, not only for your own preference. Oops......seems talking too much.......
size]

Alright, time to enjoy the music again.....Here're the good music from  some professional musicians! Appreciate for their effort!
L3000.gif

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #1,924 of 2,994
Just discovered this Korean-American indie band. But I suppose it's not technically "Asian music," since it's for the western market and all in English, and stylistically don't seem to have any Asian influences. It's nice to see an all-Asian band making great music in the west though, as we sorely need more Asians in the trendy music scene (as opposed to only classical and jazz and new age). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back