Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Feb 20, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #1,894 of 2,994

I've looked through some Filipino and Malay music. Experience was a bit underwhelming but I will return to their music again. Do you know any Filipino or Malay music charts?

Not sure where to get their music charts. Try MYX Philippines. MYX is a tv channel I believe. Or listen to one filipino song on youtube called "Anak" by Freddie Aguilar.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,897 of 2,994
biggrin.gif

A Cantonese version from Alan Tam....
L3000.gif

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #1,898 of 2,994
Yeah, don't be surprised if you find another version from another country. It was a 100% Original Filipino music that was translated in different languages.

Here's what I found on Wikipedia:

The song generated a hundred cover versions, was released in 56 countries and in 27 different foreign languages, and has sold 30 million copies. Billboard reported that the song was the number one in the U.S. for two weeks and world hit of the 1980s.

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #1,899 of 2,994
  Yeah, don't be surprised if you find another version from another country. It was a 100% Original Filipino music that was translated in different languages.

Here's what I found on Wikipedia:

The song generated a hundred cover versions, was released in 56 countries and in 27 different foreign languages, and has sold 30 million copies. Billboard reported that the song was the number one in the U.S. for two weeks and world hit of the 1980s.

Yeah! This is really  a great pop song that many people like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back