Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Mar 30, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #1,954 of 2,994
L3000.gif
 Great music, wonderful lyrics
L3000.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #1,955 of 2,994
  Wednesday Campanella

Artistic blend of sound and video into unique experience.

Love the percussive synths in this one. Really wild video too. The singing was a bit out of tune, and I'm wondering if it was on purpose to add to the psychedelic feel?

Nice. 

That was unexpectedly groovy. Love the way traditional instruments are used in the prog rock context.

I prefer the blending the breathy voice with more upbeat electronic music in this album preview than the other tracks. To me it's a better mix than having the whole arrangement being really airy, since it provides a compelling sense of contrast. I'm also noticing some out of tune singing here as well, and now I'm wondering if it's because some producers in Japan are rebelling against the overuse of Autotune, preferring to keep the slightly out of tune takes instead of making the vocals pitch perfect with DSP processing. But unfortunately, our ears are so accustomed to perfect pitch after all these years of Autotune, when something is slightly off-pitch, our ears pick on it immediately. Or at least that's how it is for me. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,962 of 2,994
I didn't manage to catch this drama until a good while after it aired. Apart from Reply 1988, I've stopped following up on shows up until last month. I really enjoyed this one. A nice, simple story, nothing too cringe-worthy or overdone (as has often been the case with dramas). And the OST worked well.

I typically don't watch any dramas outside of those made by cable networks these days (tvN, OCN). But I saw this show on DF, and decided to give it a try. It's progressed into a fairly terrible show. I only tune in when I'm bored, and because of Rain and Oh Yeon-Seo (every time I think of Rain, this pops into my head, and I start cracking up). That being said, this song worked really well in the pilot episode.

Some other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back