Graham Slee:
  • Voyager amplifier
Emotiva:
  • CMX-6 power conditioner
Signal cable:
  • Magic power cable
Denon:
  • Unmodified AHD-2000
I currently do not have a car, so if anybody is driving up from downtown/central Phoenix and would be open to carpooling, then let me know!

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #63 of 162
Hey guys,

Joe (Coolzo) has some personal matters to take care of that take precedence over handling the thread and such. I told him I’d be more the happy to take over while he tends to his responsibilities. I’m sure he’ll post again before the meet and he will most definitely be there on the 23rd. He has all the SCHIIT!! :ksc75smile:

With that said, I don’t have administrative privileges to update the thread so I’m going to copy and paste the OP to this page and update from here. I’ll send out reminders to remind everyone to go to page #5 for all updates for the meet.

Greg

Feb 28, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #64 of 162
LATEST UPDATE 2/28: DACs, Amps and DAPs oh my! iFi, iBasso, and Linear Tube Audio added to the list of contributors. Also, check out the raffle section!

funch said:
"To anyone who has never been to one of these meets, they are the most laid back get togethers you'll ever experience. No pressure, just hangin' out with friends, including the ones you haven't met yet.
Even if you're just curious about it, but don't have any gear (yet; you will after you attend, trust me), just come and hang.

We're currently locked in for Saturday March 23rd at our previous meeting space. Post your thoughts, and what gear you'd be bringing! Same stuff applies regarding used gear sales/trades, etc; please read the slightly-modified copy pasta below.

*We ask that you stop at the table at the room entrance to sign in. We'll issue you a nametag to list your name and Headfi name.
*At the sign-in table, you'll be issued a single raffle ticket at no cost so you may have an opportunity to win a plethora of gear we'll be giving away to a few of our lucky members or guests. We do ask that you're in attendance to win please. If you step out for lunch or whatever you may be doing, please just make sure you're back in time. We'll hold the raffle at 3PM sharp!
*We'll also issue you however many index cards you'll need so you can note your equipment that you brought, so our members can easily see what gear they're looking at on your table.
*We'll also have a poster hanging at the back of the room for you to list any type of gear you want to sell and for what you're selling it for.

List of contributing insiders:
Schiit Audio:
Sponsorship, SchiitKit, MrSpeakers Ether 2, Raffle item
Audeze: You want Audeze? We got all-deze! Raffle item
Eddie Current:
The man himself, Craig Uthus, will be at the meet with his brand new (unreleased) amplifier, the Studio Jr!
iBasso: @jamato8 will be bringing loads of equipment courtesy of iBasso Audio. Gear includes amps, DACs, DAPs, a MrSpeakers Voce and a new in the wild electrostatic tube amplifier. Raffle item

jamato8 said: DX120, DX150, DX200 and AMP1, AMP3, AMP4, AMP4S, AMP6, AMP7, AMP8 . How is that? DX200 standard, DX200 Ti and . . . DX200 Au (gold).
Though no longer available: Whiplash Cable in the AuV1 and AuV2 both in 8 braid (for the headphones).
The iBasso P5 has Burson single op amps on the output. Extremely nice.
There will be two full tables of things to listen to! All top notch stuff.

Beezer Audio:
Visit @funch table for the new T4 amp courtesy of Tom (@tomb on the forums) from Beezer. http://www.beezar.com/catalog/produ...d=193&osCsid=948029a7dba8c56e7543cfdebd06b8d3
iFi Audio: iFi will be once again sending their Pro iCan, along with the Pro iDSD and xDSD!
Linear Tube Audio: Visit @jamato8 's table to hear the Micro ZOTL2, MZOTL3, and possibly more!
Meze Headphones: Empyrean headphones!!! + Raffle item
ZMF:
Once again, Zach is most gracious loaning us a couple of his latest works of art. The Verite and Aeolus with some extra pads to check out the different signatures. He's also going to throw in some T-shirts that we'll raffle off to you guys!

Date & Time:
Saturday March 23rd, 2019*
10:00AM-6:00PM
11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI123*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

Raffle:
There will be a raffle! This time, tickets will not be for sale; each attendee will receive one (1) FREE entry into the drawing, they need only put their name on a signup sheet at the event. Raffle items include a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC (yes, the latest iteration), a set Meze 99 Classics headphones, an Audeze iSine10 IEM and an iBasso IT01s IEM.

Food and other stuff: At lunch time during the meet, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. We are also working on catering- stay tuned for further updates very soon!

If you must debate with yourself if you should bring something or not, bring it! Please be prepared as if this was your home set-up and bring everything you need to get yourself up and running.

Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

Member gear (does not include sponsor/insider/loaner gear):
Headphones:

1MTDOE
Abyss Phi
Audeze LCD-2C
Denon AH-D2000 (modded and unmodded)
Focal Clear
Fostex TH-X00 purpleheart
Grado/Nhoord Red drivers (rholupat wood cups)
Klipsch Heritage HP3
Meze 99 classic (modded)
Oppo PM-3
Sennheiser HD58X
Sennheiser 6XX
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser HD800 (various pads, mods, varients, etc)
ZMF Auteur (Bocote)
ZMF Ori

IEMs:

Headphone Amplifiers:
Ampsandsound Leeloo
Decware SE84UFO w/ headphone adapter box (4-pin XLR only)
Geshelli Labs Archel
Graham Slee voyager
Monoprice Liquid Spark
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Ragnarok

DACs:
Geshelli Labs Enog
Schiit Gungnir (USB gen5)
Schiit Modi Multibit (Mimby)
Schiit Yggdrasil (analog gen2, USB gen5)
Schiit Yggdrasil (analog gen1, USB gen3)
Yggy 1st gen fed from M2Tech HiFace Evo USB-to-SPDIF/AES adapter

DACAmps:

Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Fiio e17k
Oppo HE-2

DAPs:

DDCs/digital stuff/misc analog:
M2Tech HiFace Evo USB-SPDIF/AES interface
Schiit Saga

For Sale:
DIY XRK971 mint tin amp, wall-wart powered
DIY Pup DAC
DIY Doodlebug USB de-crapifier
Uptone Audio Regen (original)
DIY balanced attenuator (Alps pot, Neutrik XLR's)
As above, but with one input/two selectable outputs (Grayhill switch)
Oppo HE-2
Assorted Tubes

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #65 of 162
Cool. Another nice surprise, the "Mrspeakers Voce" will be there and a new in the wild tube electrostatic tube amplifier. I may need more than 2 tables.

There will be a lot to listen to. This will not be a small meet with a lot of current gear!

Feb 28, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #66 of 162
Cool. Another nice surprise, the "Mrspeakers Voce" will be there and a new in the wild tube electrostatic tube amplifier. I may need more than 2 tables.

There will be a lot to listen to. This will not be a small meet with a lot of current gear!
We'll make it happen and accommodate you in any way we can. It's great that you're involving yourself like you are and we're most happy to have you. I see great things in our near and foreseeable future! :)

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #69 of 162
May also have some HiFiman electrostatic equipment there as well.

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #70 of 162
@koover Don't forget to put me down for bringing the Ragnarok. I'll be bringing it, along with my recently upgraded Leeloo, and feeding both from the Yggy A2. I'm going all-in this meet.

EDIT: I just picked up some rare 1957 Siemens EL84s that I got from a guy that pulled them from an old organ, along with a sweet Tung Sol smoked glass 12AU7 that I love. The Leeloo sounds beyond amazing now. Also, it pumps out 2.5W from the new 8ohm jack and almost 1.5W from the original 32ohm jack. All with a dead silent background.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #71 of 162
Got some more news. Zach from ZMF once again is the man and is loaning us a few of his latest headphones for you guys to check out. The Verite and Aeolus will be there. Zach's gonna throw in some extra pads so we can hear some different sound signatures. He's also sending us some T-Shirts which we'll raffle off.
Additionally, Audeze once again has been cool enough to offer up their iSine 10 IEM as a raffle item. Excellent news!

Looking good guys.
OP updated above!

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #72 of 162
Got some more news. Zach from ZMF once again is the man and is loaning us a few of his latest headphones for you guys to check out. The Verite and Aeolus will be there. Zach's gonna throw in some extra pads so we can hear some different sound signatures. He's also sending us some T-Shirts which we'll raffle off.
Additionally, Audeze once again has been cool enough to offer up their iSine 10 IEM as a raffle item. Excellent news!

Looking good guys.
OP updated above!

This is both amazing... and frightening. I'm going to get hooked on one of those new headphones, I just know it. I love Zach's work.

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #73 of 162
As a result of the gathering last fall, my first, I started to dip my toes...and my first purchase was a Sennheiser 6xx. I have used it with my new Topping DAC amp.

I have been thinking about whether it would benefit from a Balanced cable set up??. If someone has one with a Balanced cable to compare against , I would appreciate it.

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #74 of 162
I have a balanced cable for the HD650 which is basically the same thing.
I’ll bring the cable and then you can compare.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #75 of 162
Hey guys,
Not much member gear listed especially headphones. Are there any more commitments with headphones, amps, DACS, IEM's that you'll be bringing?
Catering details are in their final planning stages. I'll post soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back