Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Third: March 23rd, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #16 of 162
Not as important but can we get nuraphone too? I’ve been curious for a while.
I never heard of them then did some research and watched Zeo’s Review. Even though I “personally” think this guy is a clown (sorry if that offended anyone who likes him. He’s entertaining at least) and he sure seemed to love them. Anyway, I don’t even know how to get a hold of the company who makes them. Who is it?

@koover Hey Greg, I'd be really interested in hearing those Nhoord driver Grado mods. You know I've got an infatuation with all things Grado.
Hey Matt! What it be bro?
Absolutely. These sound incredibly good for what I paid for them.
Even price notwithstanding, they sound really good period! I feel like I stole them off a good Headfi friend of mine who sold them to me. Never owned anything Grado and really not much headtime with any of their gear. I’ll look forward to your take on how they compare against everything else you’ve owned and listened too. I really like them.
Look forward to hanging out man!

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #17 of 162
I never heard of them then did some research and watched Zeo’s Review. Even though I “personally” think this guy is a clown (sorry if that offended anyone who likes him. He’s entertaining at least) and he sure seemed to love them. Anyway, I don’t even know how to get a hold of the company who makes them. Who is it?

I dunno. I’ve seen a few people in the community like them a lot and it seems like a gimmick but I’ve been curious for quite some time. I have no idea who to contact and only know the company is named the same as the headphone. They also have IEMs they just announced at CES. I guess contacting the company’s social media or support might be the first way to go.

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 162
Does anyone make cards or papers or placards detailing what the equipment is on the table for this event? I did that at an event last year (I was the only one) and it was well received.

IE, I listed out the exact components and chain so people knew exactly what they were listening to.

I may or may not be showing up to this event, depending on my schedule. But that's why I ask about the placards.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #22 of 162
I will definitely be there. I really look forward to these meets.

I'm bringing some gear, of course. At this particular moment I'm thinking:

Yggdrasil (A2, Gen5)
Ampsandsound Leeloo
ZMF Auteur (Bocote)

Edit: Could bring Ragnarok or the WA2 instead. Only bringing one though... Anyone interested in hearing any of them?

Would be very interested in the Ragnarok.

Jan 25, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #23 of 162
Does anyone make cards or papers or placards detailing what the equipment is on the table for this event? I did that at an event last year (I was the only one) and it was well received.

IE, I listed out the exact components and chain so people knew exactly what they were listening to.

I may or may not be showing up to this event, depending on my schedule. But that's why I ask about the placards.
I don’t believe anyone has done that before but I think it’s a great idea. I’ll do it for sure and hope that whoever’ subbed to this thread and/or reads it and attends, will do the same. I like it!

Jan 25, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #24 of 162
I don’t believe anyone has done that before but I think it’s a great idea. I’ll do it for sure and hope that whoever’ subbed to this thread and/or reads it and attends, will do the same. I like it!

I'm looking at the last meetup and it looks pretty chill. Definitely a different sort of gear than the St. Louis meet. If anyone has Stax or other electrostats, please bring them. I'd kill to hear some top end setups like those. That and an Abyss headphone.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #25 of 162
I'm looking at the last meetup and it looks pretty chill. Definitely a different sort of gear than the St. Louis meet. If anyone has Stax or other electrostats, please bring them. I'd kill to hear some top end setups like those. That and an Abyss headphone.
Stax is usually present. If Drew comes, I'm sure he'll bring his Abyss Phi. It's always the hit of the show.

I've wanted to do that, but I always end up forgetting. I'll do it this time for sure.

Would be very interested in the Ragnarok.
I could probably swing Ragnarok and Leeloo both. I know the Yggy/Rag combo is the one everyone wants to try out at some point in time.

I really want to bring Leeloo too though. It's currently with Justin at A&S and he just finished giving her some nice upgrades:

-- Adding 8ohm 1/4" jack, in addition to the standard 32ohm 1/4" jack.
-- Replacing WIMA coupling caps with Auricap XOs
-- Replacing the standard 5H choke with a 14H choke
-- New, taller wood case to fit everything

I think it's going to really take the sound to the next level. I'll have her back next week to see how everything turned out.

Jan 25, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #26 of 162
For anyone who has followed/built the Torpedo series amps, there's an excellent chance that Tom from Beezar (TomB on the forums) will be sending a new T4 amp for the meet. Tom himself may be able to come as well.

Stay tuned. Here's a link to the T4 on Beezar if you're not familiar with it. http://www.beezar.com/catalog/produ...d=193&osCsid=948029a7dba8c56e7543cfdebd06b8d3
It and all of the Torp series are designed by Doug Savitz (dsavitzk on the forums) who is a brilliant designer. His company is ECP Audio.

Jan 29, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #27 of 162
I'll be out of town that weekend! :cry:

Sad, I always enjoy our AZ meets and chatting with the 'crew. Sounds like we already have quite a lineup at this one as well. I'll look forward to the photos!

Jan 31, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #29 of 162
Long time lurker here but i am interested in attending this

You should definitely come. Great group of folks, really chill and friendly, excellent location, and of course lots of amazing gear. Plenty of room if you want to bring any of your own gear.

Jan 31, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #30 of 162
You should definitely come. Great group of folks, really chill and friendly, excellent location, and of course lots of amazing gear. Plenty of room if you want to bring any of your own gear.
I second that. Lots of great people and it truly is chill. Raffle prizes, food and beverages, some crazy great gear, stuff to purchase from members who's selling some their gear and just a really good time. If you have any gear, bring it as we have a really nice facility and plenty of room. Don't miss it as we expect to see you there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back