Are you listening to music while you post?
Apr 23, 2004 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

wallijonn

Throwin' tantra.
Are you listening to music while you post? If so, what do you typically listen to?

I ask because I often wonder if a person is listening to rousing music when they become bellicose during a discussion. Would listening to classical tend to calm their responses while posting?

If you are stressed out, do you listen to music which agitates you or keeps you in an excited state?

Apr 23, 2004 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 51
Absolutely
smily_headphones1.gif

Pink Floyd, Buddha Bar, Norah Jones, Sting, Steve harley, Bob Marley, Metallica etc.

eggosmile.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 51
If I am at the computer and there is no music, I begin to panic and have to open up foobar and listen to some.

Been listening to a lot of Jeff Beck lately, along with my newly-ripped Saucerful of Secrets from Pink Floyd.

Apr 23, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor
If I am at the computer and there is no music, I begin to panic and have to open up foobar and listen to some.

Been listening to a lot of Jeff Beck lately, along with my newly-ripped Saucerful of Secrets from Pink Floyd.

I've been reading posts and listening to Dylan...just got that boxed SACD set recently.

I'm listening to Nashville Skyline now, and I just noticed that on the cover, he's holding a Gibson Hummingbird guitar...the same guitar I'm playing along with now.

B0000C8AV7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've had this on vinyl for decades, and only now did I realize this!

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 51
When I'm on the computer, I listen to music, and when I listen to music I browse the internet.
Music = Internet, how odd...

I'm listening to...these right now:
Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit
Haste the Day - Substance (from the EP)
Haste the Day - The closest Thing to Closure
Dead Poetic - New Medicines
Silence the Epilogue - Hysterical chanting in Tongues
Alove for Enemies - Broken Pledge
Sinai Beach - Wolves in Sheep's Clothing

You can download most of these from Here or Here or Here or Here ... and get the lame band somewhere else.

Apr 23, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 51
Yea sumtimes Chingy CD:Jackpot or OutKast CD: double CD: The Love Below and Speakerboxxx

Apr 23, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 51
No...

There is an analogy that I can think of... but i'm not going there... thats more of a CI kind of post
wink.gif

Anyway... I have been known to, but to be honest, I listen to music to switch off... so, the time you'll know when i'm listening to music is when I make silly typos (seemingly the most common one for me is muddling up the usage of here, and hear
wink.gif
)

Apr 23, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #12 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
I've been reading posts and listening to Dylan...just got that boxed SACD set recently.

I'm listening to Nashville Skyline now, and I just noticed that on the cover, he's holding a Gibson Hummingbird guitar...the same guitar I'm playing along with now.

B0000C8AV7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

smily_headphones1.gif

oh god, i need that box set!

i listen to music asoften as i can

Apr 23, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 51
Well, that's the reason we're posting here right? To get more life out of our music. The only time the music is not playing is... when I'm eating dinner, which is my TV hour.

And what do you know, Aimee Mann is on atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back