Are you listening to music while you post?
Apr 24, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Are you listening to music while you post? If so, what do you typically listen to?

I often am listening to music while on my computer. I am almost always listening to some sort of industrial or electronic music, sometimes some rock.
Quote:

If you are stressed out, do you listen to music which agitates you or keeps you in an excited state?

If I am angry I'll often listen to very aggressive, angry music. It actually helps calm me down.

Apr 24, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #18 of 51
I don't always listen to music while I am here. But I do it often. My computer is right behind the entertainment center where my Arcam lives. I have a pair of cables coming out the back of the center to my PPA that sits on the computer desk. Then to top it off, the remote works by reflecting off of the inside of the glass doors, so I have full remote control of the player while reading posts here.
tongue.gif
rs1smile.gif

edit - If you watch my signatures, you can sometimes tell what I have been listening to while here. For instance I was just listening to Bad Religion - The Process of Belief.

Apr 24, 2004 at 4:39 AM Post #20 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
If I am angry I'll often listen to very aggressive, angry music. It actually helps calm me down.

Yes, I agree fully. Also, 'depressing' music (Radiohead and later Alice in Chains come to mind) cheers me up. My opinion is that by listening to people sing about problems much bigger than mine, I cease caring
biggrin.gif
As for angry music, I use that as therapy when I'm pissed. Crank up Metallica or AIC and seethe. I also usually work out (nothing like physically exhausting yourself to relieve anger) and play a shooter; used to be CS before Steam took over, now it's usually UT2K4. Works for me.

Oh, and yes, I almost always listen to music while on the internet. The exception is 9PM-10PM at weeknights, due to Seinfeld re-runs being on Fox. Or, of course, if there's a movie being played or something. Our TV is in full view of the computer, just have to turn your head. I'll type, look for a bit, type some more... Unless it's one I really want to see, then I go in and sit down.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Apr 24, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #21 of 51
The vast majority of the time, yes. I am listening to music a lot of the time, so I will naturally listen while posting.

Apr 24, 2004 at 4:45 AM Post #22 of 51
Yes most of the time .. I just open Winamp and turn it on shuffle mode and just let it go.

Not right now though, watching the Giants/Dodgers game ...
icon10.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #24 of 51
I usually listen to Virgin Radio out of London while I'm at Head-Fi or posting on my photography forum.

Apr 24, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #25 of 51
Always. PC based.

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #26 of 51
Quote:

Are you listening to music while you post? If so, what do you typically listen to?

I ask because I often wonder if a person is listening to rousing music when they become bellicose during a discussion. Would listening to classical tend to calm their responses while posting?

If you are stressed out, do you listen to music which agitates you or keeps you in an excited state?

Mostly something soothing like Gerg Wilsons' "Take It Slow" or the likes. If I'm agitated or iritated and need to let off a little steam, then something like the film music to "Reservoir Dogs" is often sufficient these days. A few years back ACDCs' "Back In Black" would have been whipped out on such occasions. Heck, I even let Eminen out of his box, sometimes
biggrin.gif
LOL!..I'm getting old...
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 7:58 AM Post #27 of 51
Quote:

Yes, if I'm at my computer, then I am invariably listening to music.

Quote:

I ask because I often wonder if a person is listening to rousing music when they become bellicose during a discussion. Would listening to classical tend to calm their responses while posting?

My posts only become bellicose when I'm responding to something that I disagree with. My music has no bearing on the tone of my messages.

Quote:

The only music that agitates me is music that I don't like. Otherwise, music (of any style that I like) relaxes me.

D.

Apr 24, 2004 at 8:04 AM Post #28 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
Not right now though, watching the Giants/Dodgers game ...
icon10.gif

Hehe, I was at that game, what a blast egging on all the pathetic dodgers fans who (as always) were more interested in hitting beach balls than watching the game. Too bad they walked Barry almost every time, and nobody else on the team could buy a hit. Oh well, seems to be how this year will go. Let the quest for .400 with 50 homers continue!
biggrin.gif

ANyways, I also find that listening to aggressive thrash or death metal helps calm me down when I'm PO'ed, though I can also listen to that music at other times and ejoy them.

Apr 24, 2004 at 8:08 AM Post #29 of 51
Iron_Dreamer , lucky you
cool.gif

They were playing it up here on Channel 2 but the game was only scheduled through 10:30 but once 11 rolled around the game was in the middle of the 11th inning and they just changed it from the game to Seinfeld .. I was pretty pissed about that as I watched the game from the start and wanted to see who won.

Had to find out that the Dodgers won on ESPN ...
frown.gif

Apr 24, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
Iron_Dreamer , lucky you
cool.gif

They were playing it up here on Channel 2 but the game was only scheduled through 10:30 but once 11 rolled around the game was in the middle of the 11th inning and they just changed it from the game to Seinfeld .. I was pretty pissed about that as I watched the game from the start and wanted to see who won.

Had to find out that the Dodgers won on ESPN ...
frown.gif

I can't believe they'd cut out the game like that just to show reruns!!
confused.gif

Though I'm a Giants fan, I have gotten to the point where watching them lose doesn't really bring me down. I was just glad to go to a great game (my first of the year), and even though Bonds never really got a chance to cut loose, seeing him intentionally walked four times was kinda novel in its own right. He did launch some good ones in BP, one even went over the roof of the bleachers in right, into the parking lot! I'd only ever seen McGwire do that before, albeit in the actual game. Supposedly, Willie Stargell once did it twice in the same game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back