Are you left-handed?
Sep 28, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #61 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I eat, write and do other precision work with my left

but i use right for sports - batting/clubbing/arm wrestling/punching

I think I'm right footed, or ambidextrous there

Same here. But I use right for scissors.

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #62 of 88
I'm a lefty by preference but I've become ambidexterous, perhaps because the last three or four generations in my family tree are void of lefties. I prefer my left but if I get tired with the left I can write (handy for essay tests) and draw even play sports with either hand. As for eating I tend to use the hand/arm that comes out of my stomach whenever a hot dog is in the vicinity

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #66 of 88
Left - Writing
Right - Sports

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #67 of 88
Dominant left.

Write with the left
Mouse with the right
Pistol - left
Rifle - right
Bow - right
Kick - left
Scissors - both equally

I become more and more ambidextrous as the years go by as most lefties do trying to live in a right handed world.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #70 of 88
I am a "southpaw" and proud of it. We must start a special interest group/PAC and send some lobbyists to Washington to fight discrimination aimed at lefties!
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #71 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a "south-paw" and proud of it. We must start a special interest group/PAC and send some lobbyists to Washington to fight discrimination aimed at lefties!
biggrin.gif

Yeah! Go Left wing....
wink.gif
Oh, maybe that term has already been used... [size=xx-small](Only intended as humor, not a political comment, as I am a Southpaw)[/size]

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #73 of 88
Huh, it had been a while since I looked at that definition, and forgot a few things.... I guess if I box right handedly, I may not be a "southpaw?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by From wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed

Southpaw
“Southpaw” redirects here. For other uses, see Southpaw (disambiguation).

A left-handed individual may be known as a southpaw, particularly in a sports context. It is widely accepted that the term originated in the United States, in the game of baseball.[18] Ballparks are often designed so that the batter is facing east, in order that the afternoon or evening sun does not shine in his eyes. This means that left-handed pitchers are throwing from the south side. The first use of the term is credited to Finley Peter Dunne. However, the Oxford English Dictionary lists a non-baseball citation for "south paw", meaning a punch with the left hand, as early as 1848,[19] just three years after the first organized baseball game.

In boxing, someone who boxes left-handed is frequently referred to as southpaw. The term is also used to refer to a stance in which the boxer places his right foot in front of his left, so it is possible for a right-handed boxer to box with a southpaw stance. Most boxers, southpaw or otherwise, tend to train with sparring partners who adopt a right-handed stance, which gives southpaws an advantage.

Sep 30, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #75 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a rightie but I do wipe my a** with my left
blink.gif
wink.gif

Impossible, females do not deficate. You cannot convince me otherwise
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back