blink.gif

Right:
-Writing
-Mouse
-Eating (mostly)
-Most sports

Left:
-Driving
-Biking (as with driving I steer with my left)
-Archery (don't know why
confused.gif
)
-Turning key in lock (I even keep my keys in my left pocket)
-Turning caps or lids
-Dealing cards
-I've also learned to eat with my left hand whenever my right hand in on the mouse (this is real multitasking!
wink.gif
). Forks and spoons are fine but the chopsticks still need some work.
tongue.gif

-I can also type fine with only my left hand if my right hand is reluctant to move off the mouse. My right hand just seems really lazy.

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #77 of 88
Lefty.

Scissors with right and watch on "wrong" arm. Catch a baseball with mitt on left hand and quickly drop mitt to throw the ball with left. Yeah; even after doing it that way since 1949, it still doesn't work well, but all we had back then was "righty" mitts. Now I can't(never could)catch with my right hand.

Sep 30, 2007 at 8:18 PM Post #78 of 88
Aren't doors designed for right-handed people? I don't think it's very convenient to lock doors left-handed.

Also, did any of you notice that holding doors open for people is hard if you're left-handed?

I'm telling you, the world is out to get us lefties.

Sep 30, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #79 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lefty.

Scissors with right and watch on "wrong" arm. Catch a baseball with mitt on left hand and quickly drop mitt to throw the ball with left. Yeah; even after doing it that way since 1949, it still doesn't work well, but all we had back then was "righty" mitts. Now I can't(never could)catch with my right hand.

I, too, had to learn how to play ball with a righty mitt. I used it until I finally found a lefty mitt in jr. high. I still catch better with my left hand. Youth don't know how strange life was just one generation ago. Encyclopedias, slide rules, records, column shifters, outhouses, well pumps, trolley tracks, gaslights, etc. Life is good today.

Sep 30, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #80 of 88
"...I've been Ayn Randed,
nearly branded a Communist
'cause I'm left-handed.
That's the hand to use...
...well, never mind."
Paul Simon

I am totally right-dominant, but have trained myself to use both hands. On the "other hand" use of both feet has been a bit less successful. The gripping hand is that my personal world is oriented toward the right - so many times, I have been blind-sided from the left, never from the right, even though my left eye is perfectly good.

Last night I dreamed that I was trying to make a left turn at a big highway intersection in the middle of nowhere. The way the traffic flowed, I could never get it done, backed up, turned around, and went home. The rest of the dream got me nowhere too...

Laz

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #81 of 88
Lefty here also for everything, but use right hand for mouse.
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #83 of 88
"Everyone is born right-handed... only the greatest overcome it."
wink.gif

I'm a lefty for everything except sports (I bat lefty though).

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #85 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didnt being left handed used to mean being possesed by a demon?
biggrin.gif

Yup
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #86 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didnt being left handed used to mean being possesed by a demon?
biggrin.gif

Or the son of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back