Mar 15, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #466 of 968
If I was in the market, these would be what I'd go for:
60%- Vortex POK3R
TKL- CM masterkeys pro s
Full sized- Corsair strafe mx silent switches 
General typing- Das keyboard 4
Fastest gaming- K70 mx speed switches

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #467 of 968
  Yeah, I mean there are definitely more expensive keyboards out there, but I don't think there's going to be any tangible benefit.

I've seen a lot of reviewers loving the Corsair K95, but speaking personally, the K70 didn't exactly wow me, and since the 95 is just a "more of that" keyboard I'm not really sold. 

I was replying to your comments on the Razer DeathAdder mouse. It looks pretty cool too.

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #468 of 968

I was replying to your comments on the Razer DeathAdder mouse. It looks pretty cool too.

Oh that! Hell yeah. More expensive mice might be necessary for MLG dudes, or people who absolutely need as many macro keys as possible, but the sensor on that thing is all you could possibly need for 95% of us.

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #469 of 968
Console all the way! Just because I'm used to them...
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #471 of 968
  I would say the biggest advantage of consoles is the ability for split-screen play. There's nothing like sitting down with a good friend and sharing a great game.

I was saddened that so many modern games only have online multiplayer without the option of traditional split-screen two player, so even if you have a friend with you, you can't have them play with you.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #472 of 968

I was saddened that so many modern games only have online multiplayer without the option of traditional split-screen two player, so even if you have a friend with you, you can't have them play with you.

Loss of split-screen and LAN support was easily top 3 biggest mistakes of the gaming industry.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #473 of 968
I am a pc guy, just prefer the better visual/audio experience available on pc, only reason I ever got a console was to play uncharted series back on ps3.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #474 of 968

Loss of split-screen and LAN support was easily top 3 biggest mistakes of the gaming industry.

The loss of split screen sure wasn't. Now when people want to play with friends everyone has to buy an individual copy of the game. :p

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #475 of 968
  I would say the biggest advantage of consoles is the ability for split-screen play. There's nothing like sitting down with a good friend and sharing a great game.

I still vote for PC though.

As Music Alchemist suggested, split screen is mostly gone.  It's uncommon in console games too, although not as rare as PC.  The only PC games I know of with split screen are the Serious Sam games.

You can still sit down with a friend and play multiplayer on PC, via LAN which requires two PCs and two sets of peripherals (including two displays).  More expensive, but a far better experience, and can support larger amounts of people.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #476 of 968

As Music Alchemist suggested, split screen is mostly gone.  It's uncommon in console games too, although not as rare as PC.  The only PC games I know of with split screen are the Serious Sam games.

You can still sit down with a friend and play multiplayer on PC, via LAN which requires two PCs and two sets of peripherals (including two displays).  More expensive, but a far better experience, and can support larger amounts of people.

LAN support is mostly gone too. Even games that internally use P2P connectivity still require a listen server inbetween players.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #477 of 968

LAN support is mostly gone too. Even games that internally use P2P connectivity still require a listen server inbetween players.

LAN support doesn't seem mostly gone to me.  Maybe it's gone from the Battlefields and Call of Duties of the world, I wouldn't know.  I no longer pay attention to those kinds of games because so many other good things are gone from them.

Some recent multiplayer games I've played include Divinity: Original Sin 2, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Killing Floor 2, all have LAN support.  So does Shadow Warrior 2 I believe, although I could be wrong about this one (I never checked out its multiplayer).  I also play ArmA 3 which is still heavily supported to this day, which has LAN.

So maybe LAN is gone from console focused multiplatform titles, but PC focused multiplayer games still have it.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #478 of 968

By the way, I borrowed somebody's Raspberry Pi. It sounded slightly better than my laptop (using a Chord Mojo as DAC/amp with both) but not enough of an improvement for me to bother buying. So I'll wait until I upgrade to a high-end Chord DAC/amp and then eventually get the SOtM sMS-200, which is said to be the best network player, beating ones that cost five figures!

WipEout HD (futuristic racing game) on PS3 (and even Vita) was so fun to play with split-screen two player. It's being released on PS4 now too.

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #479 of 968

LAN support doesn't seem mostly gone to me.  Maybe it's gone from the Battlefields and Call of Duties of the world, I wouldn't know.  I no longer pay attention to those kinds of games because so many other good things are gone from them.

Some recent multiplayer games I've played include Divinity: Original Sin 2, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Killing Floor 2, all have LAN support.  So does Shadow Warrior 2 I believe, although I could be wrong about this one (I never checked out its multiplayer).  I also play ArmA 3 which is still heavily supported to this day, which has LAN.

So maybe LAN is gone from console focused multiplatform titles, but PC focused multiplayer games still have it.

Dunno about Divinity, Overwatch has a separate LAN client only used on Blizzard sponsored events, Souls series use P2P and require a listen server. Rainbow Six Siege supports LAN on PC only so it's out of the equation for me until Wine supports it (unlikely) or Linux port is released. (highly unlikely). Insurgency and Rocket League have LAN support so there's that. Aside from those games I don't care that much although the trend to drop LAN support is there nonetheless.

By the way, I borrowed somebody's Raspberry Pi. It sounded slightly better than my laptop (using a Chord Mojo as DAC/amp with both) but not enough of an improvement for me to bother buying. So I'll wait until I upgrade to a high-end Chord DAC/amp and then eventually get the SOtM sMS-200, which is said to be the best network player, beating ones that cost five figures!

WipEout HD (futuristic racing game) on PS3 (and even Vita) was so fun to play with split-screen two player. It's being released on PS4 now too.

Some say Raspberry Pi improves with HiFiBerry+ (S/PDIF output add-on card) and a linear power supply. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test that claim myself but I was very happy with a stock Pi as a network player.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #480 of 968

Dunno about Divinity, Overwatch has a separate LAN client only used on Blizzard sponsored events, Souls series use P2P and require a listen server. Rainbow Six Siege supports LAN on PC only so it's out of the equation for me until Wine supports it (unlikely) or Linux port is released. (highly unlikely). Insurgency and Rocket League have LAN support so there's that. Aside from those games I don't care that much although the trend to drop LAN support is there nonetheless.

Source games will probably always have it.  Dark Souls is not surprising, since they are meant primarily for console where LAN gaming is rare.  And what an annoying move by Blizzard for Overwatch.

The trend is not unlike the trend to restrict dedicated servers to paid rentals, like what Battlefield 1 does.  This is even more atrocious if anything, and as with the dropped LAN support it's a trend seen on console focused titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back