Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....?
Feb 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #91 of 109
I'am a flat basshead, lol :D 
I love as much bass as I can get, but I tend to heavily EQ HP's so that it would not get too loose and bleed into other frequencies 
L3000.gif

Especially if HP's have "V" sound signature.

Feb 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #92 of 109
finally getting around to voting...
NONE of the above.

I am a BALANCE-HEAD.  If theres bass-bloat then there needs to be equal levels of midrange/treble to balance that out, "V" or "U" curve if you will.  Although if that V curve is too deep then I lose interest, DT770-80 is one such can.   I am not a DYNAMIC-flathead.  The closest dynamic can I have owned to spectral flatness is the HD280, and I didn't care for that very much.  The only spectrally flat cans I have heard that I liked were the Orpheus-HE90/60.  K701 with some sub-bass EQ boost is about as flat across the spectrum as I care to get. 

My A250 is probably as unbalanced sounding as I care to get, it has a very pronounced upper midrange/treble.  Bass extends deep, but it doesn't have much by way of impact/boost.  Its a situational can that I use for smooth jazz and new-age recordings.  Its pretty detail revealing too, although its upper midrange resonance artifacts (which are not all together unpleasant) I think tend to cloud and cover up some level of detail separation in those frequency bands. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #94 of 109
Quote:
I am a FlatSubbassandmidbasswithlowermidrangehumpandforwarduppermidrangeandneutralhighs head

that sounds like an 'A' curve to me?

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #96 of 109
I am a FlatSubbassandmidbasswithlowermidrangehumpandforwarduppermidrangeandneutralhighs head

LOL!

I regret not adding that as a voting choice!
I'm sure it would have run away with the majority of votes! :D

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #98 of 109
I like ever so slight bass emphasis, with a forward midrange. Highs are meh.. Not as important, still need a bit of presence

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #99 of 109
I'm an itjusthastosoundrightnomatterwhatthefrequencyresponseis head

I'm rather embarrassed to say that I did not add that as a voting choice! :p

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #101 of 109
My first text:

Treblehead or basshead, none if them! Neutral! But lately i found out when there are strong basses the music bexomes more pleasureable..

Quote:
  So you are a "neutral with slight bass tilt" head (pretty common), meaning you will probably dig planars.

Well, i was a trance guy when i wrote the first sentence there..
1.5 year just passed and now i'm listenning progressive pry, goa and stuff.
It all depends on the music you listen!
I still like the mid sound though.

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #103 of 109
Mostly a flathead, but I do appreciate my mids moreso in the balance. So a Mathead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back