Are there headphones that allow in ambient noise? (for office use)
Mar 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
Thanks, just what I wanted to know
normal_smile%20.gif

Already bought the HTF600. Thanks for the recommendation. Will look at the Sony MA900's in future
normal_smile%20.gif

I think that's the first time someone has taken my advice here!
I hope you like those headphones, or I will feel very guilty
L3000.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
I don't know your budget, but I found that Denon AH-D7000's (probably similar for the 2000's and 5000's as well but can't confirm) to be good for the problem your describing. They are closed headphones so there is minimal sound leakage, but it is very easy to hear what's going on around you. For me this was a bit annoying, but for you it could be the solution.

Budget mentioned in post above :)
I think the headphones you mentioned are out of my budget
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
I think that's the first time someone has taken my advice here!
I hope you like those headphones, or I will feel very guilty
L3000.gif

Got the HTF 600. They are quite good headphones-soundwise. I can imagine wearing them for a long time. The clamping force is adequate to strong, slightly stronger than my Philips HP890 but this is lighter than the Philips. I think this is due to the pads. I'm not really a fan of pleather or whatever this thing is covered with. More of a velour (like the Philips) fan. After 20 mins of music, ears get warm.

Otherwise, I can hear the wall clock, typing on the keyboard which is good. At my sound level, low to not so high, I can't hear anything from outside which is better. I need to turn the volume on higher in order to hear it from outside.

Thanks all for the recommendations. The HTF600 is the best if you want to use it for office work and put it at your office
beyersmile.png

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
mystvearn said:

Got the HTF 600. They are quite good headphones-soundwise. I can imagine wearing them for a long time. The clamping force is adequate to strong, slightly stronger than my Philips HP890 but this is lighter than the Philips. I think this is due to the pads. I'm not really a fan of pleather or whatever this thing is covered with. More of a velour (like the Philips) fan. After 20 mins of music, ears get warm.

Otherwise, I can hear the wall clock, typing on the keyboard which is good. At my sound level, low to not so high, I can't hear anything from outside which is better. I need to turn the volume on higher in order to hear it from outside.

Thanks all for the recommendations. The HTF600 is the best if you want to use it for office work and put it at your office
beyersmile.png

I'm glad you like them!
If you like velour pads, Beyerdynamic EDT 250 pads seem to be popular with the HTF 600's!

Mar 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #19 of 19
I use v-jays. They are very light, let sound in, not bother anyone else in our open plan studio and most importantly sound amazing... also cheap.

http://www.jays.se/products/v-jays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back